Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Short Term Summer Rental Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so my gf is coming down for the summer. I'm currently on the northside. I'm 32, she is 25. Both gainfully employed. I want to show her a better side of Jax.

What I'm looking for his a furnished apartment in either Riverside, San Marco or the Beaches area for the month of July and possibly August.

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be super. I'm obviously already scouring Craigslist of course.

Let me know, thanks!
Quote:I'm 32, she is 25.

!
Nice!
Quote:Ok, so my gf is coming down for the summer. I'm currently on the northside. I'm 32, she is 25. Both gainfully employed. I want to show her a better side of Jax.

What I'm looking for his a furnished apartment in either Riverside, San Marco or the Beaches area for the month of July and possibly August.

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be super. I'm obviously already scouring Craigslist of course.

Let me know, thanks!

So first question is, why not just let her stay with you?  After all, the north-side is a very exciting portion of Duval.

Second question is, how did you ever get a gf?

I'm sure that there are some "short term rentals" along Phillips Hwy. that might work.  She can even make a bit of extra money while on vacation.   Wink
Quote:Ok, so my gf is coming down for the summer. I'm currently on the northside. I'm 32, she is 25. Both gainfully employed. I want to show her a better side of Jax.

Let me know, thanks!

Have you looked at Airbnb?
Quote:Have you looked at Airbnb?

We use airbnb all the time for our various jaunts. It's great - I highly reccommend it - for short term stuff. Like 2-3 nights. Beyond that the value isn't really there. Plus it's hard to find something with availablilty for a month.
AirBnb doesn't usually accommodate for more than 30 days.
Quote:So first question is, why not just let her stay with you? After all, the north-side is a very exciting portion of Duval.

Second question is, how did you ever get a gf?

I'm sure that there are some "short term rentals" along Phillips Hwy. that might work. She can even make a bit of extra money while on vacation. Wink

She'll be here from mid-June through the beginning of August. We are trying to find something nice for the month of July within walking distance to the beach, king st or San Marco Blvd. I'm currently in walking distance to Bubba's Food Mart. Not gonna cut it.

I met her at my cousin's wedding. He married her best friend. Been together for almost a year now making the long distance thing work.
Gator Lodge
Quote:She'll be here from mid-June through the beginning of August. We are trying to find something nice for the month of July within walking distance to the beach, king st or San Marco Blvd. I'm currently in walking distance to Bubba's Food Mart. Not gonna cut it.

I met her at my cousin's wedding. He married her best friend. Been together for almost a year now making the long distance thing work.

Let me guess, your cousin's little sister?

Finding a short term solution like that is going to be tough.  Why not have her stay with you and maybe take a weekend or two to kind of make a "getaway".  I would maybe consider looking around St. Augustine or up in St. Mary's, Ga. for a place.  There are many cool bed and breakfast places that are close to interesting things that you guys could enjoy.  You could even maybe take some time and go up to Savannah, Ga. for a few days.  I would bet that you and her would enjoy that.

My thinking is, taking a few days and/or a weekend here or there will cost you less than trying to rent a place for over a month.
I admire your bravery for posting this here, the potential for untoward commentary is great.
Quote:AirBnb doesn't usually accommodate for more than 30 days.

He can split his time between a couple places then...few weeks in town and a few out at the beach.
Quote:He can split his time between a couple places then...few weeks in town and a few out at the beach.

This is probably what's going to happen. I am seeing the occasional post pop up on craigslist. And there appears to be plenty of availability in terms of downtown lofts - it's just a matter of finding one that's ok with a short term lease.
Quote:I admire your bravery for posting this here, the potential for untoward commentary is great.

I doubt it could be any worse than the politics section.
Quote:I doubt it could be any worse than the politics section.

And at least there is the potential for humor in this thread! :thumbsup:
Quote:I doubt it could be any worse than the politics section.

Well, you did surprise me when you refereed to your girlfriend as a "she".  Is that pre-op or post-op?
Quote:Well, you did surprise me when you refereed to your girlfriend as a "she".  Is that pre-op or post-op?

Don't be so judgy.
Quote:Well, you did surprise me when you refereed to your girlfriend as a "she". Is that pre-op or post-op?

She actually identifies as your mother.
Quote:She actually identifies as your mother.

Well she obviously is mistaken.  My mother hates the heat and humidity.  Come on, try harder than "your mother" jokes.
Quote:Well she obviously is mistaken.  My mother hates the heat and humidity.  Come on, try harder than "your mother" jokes.

It's not about what she is...it's what she identifies as. Duh.
a quick google search " Vacation rentals Jacksonville, Fl." came up with 849,000 results. That's what I do when I come to town nowadays...I still own property in the area but I have a long term renter...There are companies that specialize in vacation rentals, and property owners who don't live in the area who rent their homes out to people by the week, month or season... 
Pages: 1 2