Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles & Lee vs Carr and Mack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think this is the second time I've opened this topic. The first time was a little over 2 years ago, just after all 4 had been drafted. I wasn't huge on Bortles and like the rest of the world I had thought we "reached" for him. I was in the line of thinking that we would have been better off grabbing Khalil Mack with out 1st pick and coming back to grab Carr in the 2nd. Now I'm very happy we have Bortles but I still think of the "what if" we got Carr and Mack. Since it's the off season and I've run out of NFL news to read for the day, I figured I would seek other Jaguars fans opinions.

Would you guys trade Bortles and Lee for Carr and Mack? Why or Why not?
That is a tough question.

My answer does not reflect negatively on Bortles at all, but I would take that deal.

My answer is based not on the difference in quality between Bortles and Carr, but on the difference between Khalil Mack and Marqise Lee.

Mack would give us a better pass rusher than what Lee has given us at WR.  I would take Bortles over Carr, but the difference isn't as great as it is between Mack and Lee, and we need pass rushers.

I think Lee could be an important cog going forth, though.
What about Bortles and ARob?
Absolutely not.

This is more of a Bortles and Fowler vs Carr and Mack debate for me and the answer remains the same.

Bortles is THE guy this franchise has been looking for, basically since day 1. Yes I'm putting him in a class ahead of Brunell. Bortles is a much better passer and QB. He is the most gifted and talented QB this franchise has ever had. I'm not trading him for any player.

I'm also in the camp that Fowler is going to be a special player.

Lee isn't in the equation for me personally.
Although Carr and Mack are great selections, I'd still rather have our picks because of Bortles. I think Carr's good but I think Bortles has the chance to be great. Mack's a stud though.

I think Carr's career will be shorter due to his smaller stature. Mack will be great for a long time but a great QB trumps all.
Carr behind this OL would most likely end up like his brother.

What Blake has done while being hit as much as he has is special. You don't trade that.
Today, it's hard to say. I'd say no right this minute due to Fowler returning and Lee finally being healthy.

I can completely understand this who would take it. And if we didn't have Fowler I might think differently. But I'd take Fowler/Jack over Mack. And I prefer Bortles to Carr.
Bortles and Carr are pretty even at this point for me. I'd like to see another season out of them and see what Fowler has to offer before making a decision.

I'd take Bortles over Carr but I'd take Mack over anybody on our team not named Allen Robinson.
So would you rather have Bortles, ARob and Fowler or Carr, Mack and Cooper?
Some good thoughts on the topic, the reason I stated Lee and not ARob was because Lee was our 2nd round pick and Arob was our 3rd. Mack was around at the time we drafted Bortles, and Carr was availible when we drafted Lee.

I really think Mack is going to be a Special player (already is, but has alot of road to travel still) and I agree that the disparity between Bortles and Carr is very small while its huge with Mack and Lee. Someone said Carr woulda got killed behind our line, well did you know Carr almost ran a full half second faster on his 40 time then Bortles did? I do admit tho that a QB who can take 100 sacks in 2 years and still put up the numbers he has, is special. I honestly think either way we come out of the deal sitting good.

Quote:So would you rather have Bortles, ARob and Fowler or Carr, Mack and Cooper?

Honestly as it sits now, with Fowler being an unknown quantity thats a hard q to answer. My thoughts are Bortles has more potential than Carr. Arob is a tier above Cooper and Mack is a Tier above Fowler (but lets see how this season plays out, i might change my mind). So with that said, I think Bortles is the tie breaker in this one for me and Id take our 3 over the Raider 3.
Apparently I'm not as high on Carr as others are. I wouldn't trade him for Bortles in any scenario.
Quote:So would you rather have Bortles, ARob and Fowler or Carr, Mack and Cooper?
I don't think you can really use Fowler. This is a hindsight evaluation. You can only look back and evaluate the picks after they have had a chance to show you what they can do on an NFL field.
Quote:Apparently I'm not as high on Carr as others are. I wouldn't trade him for Bortles in any scenario.
No one is saying they would.....
Quote:Some good thoughts on the topic, the reason I stated Lee and not ARob was because Lee was our 2nd round pick and Arob was our 3rd. Mack was around at the time we drafted Bortles, and Carr was availible when we drafted Lee.

I really think Mack is going to be a Special player (already is, but has alot of road to travel still) and I agree that the disparity between Bortles and Carr is very small while its huge with Mack and Lee. Someone said Carr woulda got killed behind our line, well did you know Carr almost ran a full half second faster on his 40 time then Bortles did? I do admit tho that a QB who can take 100 sacks in 2 years and still put up the numbers he has, is special. I honestly think either way we come out of the deal sitting good.
Quote:I don't think you can really use Fowler. This is a hindsight evaluation. You can only look back and evaluate the picks after they have had a chance to show you what they can do on an NFL field.
Well if we had taken Carr and Mack in 2014, we most likely would have selected Cooper last year.

It's also just for fun so thanks for your input.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="hotrod71nova" data-cid="759243" data-time="1465166796">
<div>
Some good thoughts on the topic, the reason I stated Lee and not ARob was because Lee was our 2nd round pick and Arob was our 3rd. Mack was around at the time we drafted Bortles, and Carr was availible when we drafted Lee.

</div>
</blockquote>
Nope A-Rob was selected in the second round as well so he qualified in this conversation
Quote:Well if we had taken Carr and Mack in 2014, we most likely would have selected Cooper last year.

It's also just for fun so thanks for your input.
If we would have gotten mack the raiders would've traded up in the first round to get Carr so we would have been stuck with Jimmy G out of New England. 
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="hotrod71nova" data-cid="759243" data-time="1465166796">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>
Yea man, I think Bortles is the better player, not by much but I do, and no where in there does it say I'd take Bortles over Carr. I just said Carr ran a faster 40 time. Then I went on to say that Bortles is a special player because he has been sacked over 100 times in 2 years and still put up good numbers. However Bortles and Lee vs Mack and Carr is a hard trade to turn down, Like someone stated above(aswell as me) Said Bortles is a little better than Carr, but Mack is WAAAAAY better than Lee is. If Fowler lights it up this year, then obviously we don't need Mack, BUT if he doesn't then it would be a hard trade to pass up.
Quote:Nope A-Rob was selected in the second round as well so he qualified in this conversation
True, he was, I meant our 3rd pick but yes you are right, he was selected at 61 in the second round.
Pages: 1 2 3 4