Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: More Obamacare Exchange Deaths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(62,61,61);">"Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services chief operating officer Mandy Cohen told lawmakers in February that eight of the 11 remaining Obamacare co-ops in operation were selected for “corrective action plans” and “enhanced oversight.” She did not disclose which co-ops were placed on these plans.

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(62,61,61);">A professor who specializes in economics and health insurance told lawmakers in March that closures of the remaining co-ops seem likely.

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(62,61,61);">“The future of the 11 co-ops still providing coverage in 2016 is uncertain, but future closures seem likely,” said Dr. Scott Harrington. “The 10 co-ops still operating with June 30 financials reported a cumulative loss of $202.3 million.”

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(62,61,61);">Very little, if any, of the $1.24 billion in federal start-up and solvency loans to establish those co-ops will be repaid, and at least several will be unable to meet all of their obligations to policyholders and health care providers,” he said."

http://freebeacon.com/issues/thirteen-23...re-failed/

Nice to the see that the Feds threw all our money down a trash can.

No surprise here. The easiest way to screw anything up is to let the government try to do it.

Idea came from the right place, implementation was hilariously bad. We will eventually figure out universal healthcare; this just wasn't the way to do it.
Quote:Idea came from the right place, implementation was hilariously bad. We will eventually figure out universal healthcare; this just wasn't the way to do it.

Counter point: the government is terrible at this.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/obama-regu...le/2002650

The court wrote that CMS was "unfamiliar with its own regulations" and is "struggling to keep up with the furious pace of its own rule making."

and

"Caring Hearts had made this case in administrative proceedings, but was (not surprisingly) denied relief by CMS." 

As I've said repeatedly, the only thing that comes from government is more intrusive government.

From the title, I thought you were talking about dead people... :blink:
Quote:Counter point: the government is terrible at this.
Well, yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at.
Quote:From the title, I thought you were talking about dead people... :blink:
Zombamacare? The Zomberican Healthcare Act?
Quote:Well, yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at.

But figuring out Universal run by those morons will be hell.
Quote:But figuring out Universal run by those morons will be hell.
Maybe you should outsource to Europe?
Quote:Maybe you should outsource to Europe?
And foster a higher standard of living and generally happier lives for all regardless of background? Pffft. This is America. 
Nah bankruptcy due to medical bills is the American dream.
You guys keep talking, I'll just be over here watching it fail.
Quote:And foster a higher standard of living and generally happier lives for all regardless of background? Pffft. This is America.

And the lie detector test determined.... Oh well.
Quote:You guys keep talking, I'll just be over here watching it fail.

I need a drink....
And another one bites the dust...

http://www.courant.com/business/connecti...story.html

<p style="font-size:18px;font-family:Georgia, 'Droid Serif', serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">"HealthyCT, which was launched in 2011 by Connecticut physicians, has received about $75 million in startup loans and $48.4 million in solvency loans. It first had customers on its policies in January 2014.

<p style="font-size:18px;font-family:Georgia, 'Droid Serif', serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The company will wind down through the middle of next year. Once all the customers are gone, 72 Wallingford-based employees will be out of work, a spokeswoman for the nonprofit said.

<p style="font-size:18px;font-family:Georgia, 'Droid Serif', serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Fourteen of the nonprofits in the country have either shut down or are in the process of winding down, like HealthyCT. Most failed by the end of last year.

<p style="font-size:18px;font-family:Georgia, 'Droid Serif', serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">In Illinois, the state insurance commissioner forbid the co-op from paying its risk adjustment payment because it would have to have a midyear shutdown if it did, Corlette said."

Keep your dirty government hands off my Medicare!!