Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vegas Not Buying the Hype...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Favored to win one game.

Tried to copy the link but it's not working.  It's on ESPN. 

Good. I wouldn't want us to be favored. The only people who need to believe in us, is us; the players, the coaches, and the fans.

GO JAGS!!

Perfect.
Didn't they just have us at 7.5 like 2 weeks ago?

The line for the season is 7.5, but we are only favored to win 1 game, according to the above. betting on a per-game basis, you would be betting for the underdog in all but one instance, but the season number is different as we are expected to win a few games that presently we are not favored in. This is also likely to change if we are able to reel off a few wins in a row (I sure hope so!).

Quote:Didn't they just have us at 7.5 like 2 weeks ago?

Yeah. Every sports book I see ranges from 6 to 7.5.
Quote:The line for the season is 7.5, but we are only favored to win 1 game, according to the above. betting on a per-game basis, you would be betting for the underdog in all but one instance, but the season number is different as we are expected to win a few games that presently we are not favored in. This is also likely to change if we are able to reel off a few wins in a row (I sure hope so!).

I missed that. The Jags haven't been favored very often in the past 5 seasons or so. I wouldn't expect that to change unless they start off hot.

raweyejag

Quote:Didn't they just have us at 7.5 like 2 weeks ago?

over/under win/loss was 7.5 this is game by game points spread.

FYI Win is week 16 Titans @ home, Even or pick 'em 3 games(week 3 Ravens @ home,week 7 Raiders @ home, week 8 away @ Titans) and week 10 loss by 1 point underdog @ Texans. Worst is 7 point dog to Chiefs, then 5 point dog @ Bills, then 4.5 dog @ Texans, then 5 games @ 3.5(week 1 Packers @ home, Colts @ home week 4, week 6 @ Bears, week 11 @ Lions, week 13 Broncos) 2 games 2.5 dogs week 2 @ Chargers and week 14 Vikings @ home For some reason they omitted week 17 games for all teams prolly because not a good week for Vegas historically this early.

Technically a way to cover both ends of bets. Remember Vegas doesn't like to lose
Being favored to win one game doesn't mean they assume we will only win one game. That same book probably has our season O/U at 6.5 or so.
Quote: 

Vegas Not Buying the Hype

But dey iz buying da Raiders OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Isn't it cool when you find out what's going to happen months ahead of time? Now I can save hours of time and heartache because I already know that the Jags will only win one game. I'll just watch that one and be happy all year. Thanks Vegas! 

That's when you play the money line.
When was the last time Vegas was wrong about the Jags? Honestly it's not like this is a surprise considering the past track record.

Quote:Favored to win one game.

Tried to copy the link but it's not working.  It's on ESPN. 

Without seeing this I am going to bet that it is the tacks game at home.

Well, someone let me know if I am right or not.
Quote:Without seeing this I am going to bet that it is the tacks game at home.

Well, someone let me know if I am right or not.

Yep.
I swear we go through this every year.  Vegas gives us a low number of wins and fans are outraged.  The issue is that Vegas has been right. 

We shouldn't be favored. The Jaguars have been a bottom feeder of the league long enough to lose any real trust or hype. All signs show we should be MUCH improved but it has to show in the real games.

Quote:Being favored to win one game doesn't mean they assume we will only win one game. That same book probably has our season O/U at 6.5 or so.

Exactly.  Right now the Jaguars aren't "the favorite" to win more than one game.  If they win at least 2 of the first 4 games of the season, expect the number to change.  Being "favored" in a game doesn't mean that it's a bet for a team to win, especially at this point.

What people need to remember and keep in mind, Vegas is all about numbers.  They are looking at last season's W/L record when they set the number for a bet like this.  Honestly, would anybody really think that last year's team would be a favorite against this year's schedule?  I wouldn't except for a couple of games.

That being said, I would take the bet.  It will pay off if the Jaguars manage to get 2 wins in the first 4 games, especially if those wins come from beating the Packers and the Chargers.
It'll be quite nice to 'fly under the radar'....

I make more money if we're not favored

Pages: 1 2