Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What was your favorite acquisition of all time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You can choose 1 player via the draft or FA
More specifically, before they suited up in a Jaguar uniform.

I know JJ Stokes was a consideration of mine. But I was a huge FSU fan back in the day and I knew if we selected any Gator players that we would secretly be good on the Pro level.

That year we selected Fred Taylor and Tavian Banks.

My number 2 overall acquisition was Andre bad moon Risin.

Remember this is before any player suited up. Who was your favorite?
Mjd

Bortles. I mean there really was no way to go but up at the QB position.

Rob Johnson. We flipped him for a first round pick to Buffalo that ended up netting us our all-time franchise leader in rushing yards. Fred Taylor was amazing throughout his career. He's probably my favorite athlete of all-time growing up in Jacksonville my entire life and I was fortunate to watch him run from his days as a Gator all the way through his career here as a Jaguar. It still blows my mind nearly eighteen years later that Coughlin was able to flip a former fourth round pick for the 9th overall pick and a 4th RD pick a few years later off a guy who had just a handful of decent games. Crazy. 

Bryan Anger changed the game.
Justin Blackmon. That pick was kinda like an end to an era of small school unbelievable reaching sorta picks.

Of course we all know how that pick panned out. Was nice to pick a known weapon of his caliber (at the time)

The Gene Kiss of Death..
Going way back- I remember being really happy when we signed Natrone Means.

More recently, I was very happy about the Allen Robinson selection and he's exceeding my fairly high expectations.

At the moment I'm pretty happy that they've added a FS that should be a significant upgrade.
Quote:I know JJ Stokes was a consideration of mine. But I was a huge FSU fan back in the day and I knew if we selected any Gator players that we would secretly be good on the Pro level.

This one has me confused.  What does the first sentence have to do with the second?
Mike Peterson for FA

Presumably you are asking about how we felt at the time, and not taking into account subsequent events.

In that case, I was most excited about the Jags drafting Byron Leftwich. There were three other draft picks that I thought were huge steals where we picked them, Telvin Smith, Myles Jack, and Khalif Barnes.

As far as free agency, my favorite signing was Carnell Lake.

I'll go with Jimmy Smith in street free agency considering how the Cowboys gave up on him after he was injured early on, but TC knew he still had game.

aaron ross
Justin Blackmon or getting Myles Jack in the 2nd
Quote:aaron ross

Keep trying and one day you will get there
Quote:Keep trying and one day you will get there
RJ Soward
Quote:Keep trying and one day you will get there

Don't give him false hope.
I would say MJD but at the time we drafted him I wasn't as excited as say drafting Justin Blackmon. But I was and am now excited over what Ramsey will bring to the table.
Oh and in free agency I was pumped that we got Aaron Kampman.
Mike Peterson in free agency... and I gotta say Ramsey and Jack in the same draft.
Pages: 1 2 3 4