Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: St Augustine Beach Restaurants...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So as a lot of you know, I'm coming to Florida in September.

My wife and I are looking to go to St Augustine the day before the Ravens game, for a beach day..

Anyone know of any good restaurants in this area? That way we don't have to stray too far from the beach..

I've heard that Lil Margies FA Cafe is good, can anyone vouch for that?
The Conch House used to be a cool place. I don't know if it still is, but they have indoor and outdoor seating and the atmosphere was always very lively.
Quote:The Conch House used to be a cool place. I don't know if it still is, but they have indoor and outdoor seating and the atmosphere was always very lively.
Is that where MJD had his fracas?

Blackfly is pretty good. Like their Martini Mondays.
Columbia House. Top notch eats

Quote:So as a lot of you know, I'm coming to Florida in September.

My wife and I are looking to go to St Augustine the day before the Ravens game, for a beach day..

Anyone know of any good restaurants in this area? That way we don't have to stray too far from the beach..

I've heard that Lil Margies FA Cafe is good, can anyone vouch for that?

St. Augustine and St. Augustine Beach are two entirely different places.  My wife and I got to St. Augustine Beach to eat and hang out quite often.  Most of the stuff in St. Augustine Beach is a bit more on the casual dining side of things.  Some of our favorite beachie kinds of places to go are:

The Sunset Grille

The Oasis

Salt Water Cowboy's

Red Frog and McToad's

Personally, I don't think you can't go wrong on any of the above but my favorite is the Sunset Grille.

You'll find places a little less casual in St. Augustine proper.  Some were mentioned.  One of my all time favorites, Caps, isn't actually in St. Augustine, but in Vilano Beach...maybe a 15 minutes drive.  If you get there at the right time you can hang out on the deck and watch the sun set over the Vilano River.  .  If you go there, you gotta try the Florida Gumbo as your appetizer

Hey thanks for all the input...

It's definitely St Augustine Beach that we're going to, rather than St Augustine itself.

The only thing I don't eat is seafood... mainly because it kills me.

Quote:Hey thanks for all the input...

It's definitely St Augustine Beach that we're going to, rather than St Augustine itself.

St. Augustine is the perfect place for you.

Signed,

Dr. Kevorkian
Quote:St. Augustine is the perfect place for you.

Signed,

Dr. Kevorkian

Still, he's better than my current Doctor..
Quote:St. Augustine and St. Augustine Beach are two entirely different places.  My wife and I got to St. Augustine Beach to eat and hang out quite often.  Most of the stuff in St. Augustine Beach is a bit more on the casual dining side of things.  Some of our favorite beachie kinds of places to go are:

The Sunset Grille

The Oasis

Salt Water Cowboy's

Red Frog and McToad's

Personally, I don't think you can't go wrong on any of the above but my favorite is the Sunset Grille.

You'll find places a little less casual in St. Augustine proper.  Some were mentioned.  One of my all time favorites, Caps, isn't actually in St. Augustine, but in Vilano Beach...maybe a 15 minutes drive.  If you get there at the right time you can hang out on the deck and watch the sun set over the Vilano River.  .  If you go there, you gotta try the Florida Gumbo as your appetizer

I just want to put in a plug for Salt Water Cowboy's. Great view and good food. Also, they have beer there unless Rico has gone and drank it all. Which is a real possibility.
Quote:Hey thanks for all the input...

I hate when that happens.
Yamato is really good. Japanese cuisine.

If you go, get the volcano bowl and bring a DD or take a cab.
Quote:I hate when that happens.

I know right?!
It's all fun and games until anaphylaxis sets in.
Quote:It's all fun and games until anaphylaxis sets in.

It's ok.. I have an epi-pen... people think I'm a drug user when I'm stabbing that into my thigh...

I don't correct them.
Just visited the Beachcomber last weekend before the Salt-n-Pepa, Tone Loc, Rob Base, etc. concert at the Amphitheatre.  The restaurant sits right on ingress to drive on the beach.  The day I went, there were signs for "4 x 4 only".  The parking stunk, so I paid the money for beach entrance and simply parked 25 yards from the restaurant.  After lunch, walked back to the truck and took a nice beach drive.

The food was pretty damn good for such a casual place.....fyi.....beer and wine only.

Quote:Just visited the Beachcomber last weekend before the Salt-n-Pepa, Tone Loc, Rob Base, etc. concert at the Amphitheatre.  The restaurant sits right on ingress to drive on the beach.  The day I went, there were signs for "4 x 4 only".  The parking stunk, so I paid the money for beach entrance and simply parked 25 yards from the restaurant.  After lunch, walked back to the truck and took a nice beach drive.

The food was pretty damn good for such a casual place.....fyi.....beer and wine only.

...and soft drinks I'm assuming?..
Quote:I just want to put in a plug for Salt Water Cowboy's. Great view and good food. Also, they have beer there unless Rico has gone and drank it all. Which is a real possibility.

I usually don't drink beer there.  They have this nice little fruit punch called The Swamp Thang that they serve in mason jars.  There must be something in it that I'm allergic to.  I start feeling a little funny and getting kinda warm after a couple.
Quote:I usually don't drink beer there.  They have this nice little fruit punch called The Swamp Thang that they serve in mason jars.  There must be something in it that I'm allergic to.  I start feeling a little funny and getting kinda warm after a couple.

Makes you feel all tingly inside? :teehee:
Quote:Yamato is really good. Japanese cuisine.

If you go, get the volcano bowl and bring a DD or take a cab.
I second this opinion too. 

I love Japanese food and Yamato is one of the top restaurants for hibachi/teppanyaki food.
Pages: 1 2