Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trumps Flip Flops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After wanting to debate Bernie, but not expecting the money he wanted to be raised and Sanders accepting, even calling him out...Trump did the crawfish dance.

Does anyone have any idea of how many times he started or stated something, only to reneg?

I'm in the These are the worst two choices camp, but it's really concerning of how much Trump says something, then does the opposite...raising min wage, then not raising it. Fining abortion seekers, then not.

I don't think anyone knows where he stands on anything. Consistency sure isn't one.

It's hard to make a decision on him if you can't count on what a guy says.
It was a late night show...
He'll have to debate at some point, and as an outsider looking forward to the entertainment factor, it will be glorious. Not just Trump. I want to see Hillary squirming with outrage.

I don't think debating is the issue.  Ted Cruz was a far bigger challenge than anyone on the dem side.  The optics of debating the crazy old krumudgeon with no shot at winning was unflattering to the presumptive nominee.  

It is not in Trumps best interest to debate and insult a guy who's voter base he is going after in the general election.
Quote:It is not in Trumps best interest to debate and insult a guy who's voter base he is going after in the general election.

How the hell is he going after the i can't get enough free [BLEEP] base? 
He will use voter anger to his advantage, like he has done from the beginning. This time with democrats who feel their boy got screwed by the party.
I dont think 

Bernie (since his abbreviation gets censored): Please debate me Hillary

HC: No

Bernie: Please debate me Trump

DT: Ok

Bernie: Really?

DT: lulz jk

really helps him with the Sanders crowd, most of the Bernie cultist on reddit are livid at Trump.

Quote:How the hell is he going after the i can't get enough free [BAD WORD REMOVED] base?

The trump base and the sanders base have a vast difference on the solutions that are best for the country.

The two bases are in virtual agreement on what they perceive to be the PROBLEMS political insiders and unfair trade.

It stands to reason that some will view trumps solutions as reasonable and be inclined to support them.
Where do I start?

Hillary Clinton really works hard and I think she does a good job (2012), except she's the worst Secretary of State in the history of the nation (2015).

I'm the only guy self funding my camapaign (2015), except now I'm taking the RNC money and paying myself back with the funds (2016)

"How stupid are the people of Iowa?" (November 2015), except, "I love Iowa" (January 2016).

Megyn Kelly is a great moderator (2011), except I have zero respect for Megyn Kelly (2015).

Here's the top 10 to from CNN!
Quote:Where do I start?

Hillary Clinton really works hard and I think she does a good job (2012), except she's the worst Secretary of State in the history of the nation (2015).

I'm the only guy self funding my camapaign (2015), except now I'm taking the RNC money and paying myself back with the funds (2016)

"How stupid are the people of Iowa?" (November 2015), except, "I love Iowa" (January 2016).

Megyn Kelly is a great moderator (2011), except I have zero respect for Megyn Kelly (2015).

Here's the top 10 to from CNN!

I'm no Trump supporter, but none of those are definite flip flops. You might want to point to the whole Pub / Dem / Pub registration thing.

The opinion on Hillary as Sec State can change because of things Hillary did after 2012 (or things she did before 2012 that later came to light).

At the time it was true. He was the only Republican candidate self-funding his campaign. What he does now that he has the nomination is irrelevant. Any candidate for a major party should expect that party's full financial support.

One can love a place and still think the people there are stupid (I'd personally put Hawaii in that category).

Megan Kelly wasn't targeting particular candidates with stupid questions and personal interruptions of the answers in 2011. It's reasonable to change one's opinion of a person if that person has changed.

Quote:I'm no Trump supporter, but none of those are definite flip flops. You might want to point to the whole Pub / Dem / Pub registration thing.

The opinion on Hillary as Sec State can change because of things Hillary did after 2012 (or things she did before 2012 that later came to light).

At the time it was true. He was the only Republican candidate self-funding his campaign. What he does now that he has the nomination is irrelevant. Any candidate for a major party should expect that party's full financial support.

One can love a place and still think the people there are stupid (I'd personally put Hawaii in that category).

Megan Kelly wasn't targeting particular candidates with stupid questions and personal interruptions of the answers in 2011. It's reasonable to change one's opinion of a person if that person has changed.
They're ALL flip flops, and if Clinton or Bernie had done it, you'd rightfully be holding their feet to the fire.

Megyn Kelly asked legit questions, and Trump behaved like a bully ("I could be not so nice to you..").  Of course, he's flipped yet again, and now they are on speaking terms.  I guess Donald realizes that he has to play nice with Fox News, the national GOP mouthpiece, if he's gonna do the most important thing in the world to him - WIN.  Not govern, or "make America great again", whatever the hell that means, but WIN.  It's all that is important to this self aggrandizing jerk.