Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Three Positives, Three Negatives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's hard to disagree with any of that..

The one problem I have is that I feel there is a misconception about having Ivory on the roster. It seems as if a lot of outsiders view him as a replacement for Yeldon and it seems to me that he is more of an addition.

Did Ivory wear down last season? I guess so, so why not reduce his carries by giving them to another player so that he can be more effective for a longer period?

Seems obvious to me, but I've missed some things in the past.
Quote:The one problem I have is that I feel there is a misconception about having Ivory on the roster. It seems as if a lot of outsiders view him as a replacement for Yeldon and it seems to me that he is more of an addition.

Did Ivory wear down last season? I guess so, so why not reduce his carries by giving them to another player so that he can be more effective for a longer period?

You could see yeldon hit that rookie wall last year then it resulted in him getting hurt. The ivory move was more or less to take all the pressure off yeldon and split it up. Plus having two good backs fresh all game is nice.
I think a lot of people just don't like how much Ivory was paid. Which is whatever.

That's actually a good read.

Quote:The one problem I have is that I feel there is a misconception about having Ivory on the roster. It seems as if a lot of outsiders view him as a replacement for Yeldon and it seems to me that he is more of an addition.

Yeah, it's been confusing reading people saying that we've basically given up on Yeldon.  They're both going to get a lot of carries, and this way if either of them gets injured, we still have a capable starter to get most of the carries game to game.  Ivory is probably a little overpaid, but if he helps to keep Yeldon fresh and plays like he does when he's fresh then I think he'll be worth the money.  I do find it funny that the writer says we could have spent that money elsewhere, like we're almost up against the cap.

What confuses me is that people seem to think Ivory was brought in for goal line and short yardage...

but that was where he was, statistically, at his worst with the jests lol
Quote:I think a lot of people just don't like how much Ivory was paid. Which is whatever.

That's actually a good read.

If that's the third "negative," then there really are only two.

If you have to dig that deep to find a complaint... great for us.
And then Ivory makes the top 100. Nice jorb writer guy.