Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 5 Year Old Suspended for MAKE BELIEVE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/03/2...chool.html

The world has gone stark raving mad
I saw a story where a kid was suspended for biting his sandwich into the shape of a gun and pointing it in make believe. 

Parents should sue the school and teachers for permitting access to dangerous weapons.
It is like some of these school admins are deep in the autism spectrum. "Guns are not allowed. That stick simulates a gun. Suspend that kid for having a gun."

Quote:It is like some of these school admins are deep in the autism spectrum. "Guns are not allowed. That stick simulates a gun. Suspend that kid for having a gun."

This is what happens when you let morons start redefining reality.
Those that can do, do. Those who can't teach. Home school or reputable private school folks. Do not let your children be held back in life by the so called education they will receive at government schools.

Quote:Those that can do, do. Those who can't teach. Home school or reputable private school folks. Do not let your children be held back in life by the so called education they will receive at government schools.

Educational success will always be determined by the student and the student's family.  A top tier school with top tier teachers is not going to help someone who is unmotivated and lacks family educational values.  Personal responsibility.
Quote:Educational success will always be determined by the student and the student's family.  A top tier school with top tier teachers is not going to help someone who is unmotivated and lacks family educational values.  Personal responsibility.

So you're saying that all of those tax increases to improve education are just waste.

Quote:Those that can do, do. Those who can't teach. Home school or reputable private school folks. Do not let your children be held back in life by the so called education they will receive at government schools.
Well this couldn't be more dense.

Good for you. The schools in Florida must be awful because in MD the public schools are quite good.

Quote:Well this couldn't be more dense.

Good for you. The schools in Florida must be awful because in MD the public schools are quite good.

Quite good ... for undocumented rapists.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/us/marylan...dent-rape/
Quote:Quite good ... for undocumented rapists.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/us/maryland-undocumented-student-rape/'>http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/us/maryland-undocumented-student-rape/</a>

If he had his documents in order before the raping...but then you wouldn't care, would you?
Quote:Quite good ... for undocumented rapists.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/us/marylan...dent-rape/
That actually took place 15 minutes from my house.

Awful situation but this incident doesn't diminish good work a lot of public schools in MD do. 

Continually bashing public school teachers just isn't right. There are bad teachers just like there are bad employees everywhere but to generalize all public schools as terrible is just wrong. There are a lot of amazing teachers in every county across the USA. Home school your kids if you want. Spend thousands of dollars to send them to private school. Be my guest. But millions of kids get great education across the USA from public schools. 
Quote:So you're saying that all of those tax increases to improve education are just waste.

Yes, you cannot teach people who are unwilling to learn and are not pushed to do better.  My opinion is that there's simply a growing apathy in this country towards education, and especially in comparison to the other countries that are now ranked higher than us.  Yet, we have more powerful educational tools with modern technology than we've ever had.  A motivated person can teach themselves almost anything on the internet.  Yes, sure there are bad teachers, bad schools, and especially incompetent administration.  But I believe anyone who is truly dedicated to being successfully educated is going to get there in the end, and the failure to educate will always lie with the individual and their guardians.
Quote:http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/03/2...chool.html

The world has gone stark raving mad

One student in one school, not the world, jj. Calm down.
Quote:I saw a story where a kid was suspended for biting his sandwich into the shape of a gun and pointing it in make believe. 

you sure that was the shape of a gun?
Quote:That actually took place 15 minutes from my house.

Awful situation but this incident doesn't diminish good work a lot of public schools in MD do. 

Continually bashing public school teachers just isn't right. There are bad teachers just like there are bad employees everywhere but to generalize all public schools as terrible is just wrong. There are a lot of amazing teachers in every county across the USA. Home school your kids if you want. Spend thousands of dollars to send them to private school. Be my guest. But millions of kids get great education across the USA from public schools.
My son was in private school from 2nd grade through 8th grade. He's now a sophomore in a public HS and my personal feeling is he's doing much better in the public school. Less coddling and more personal accountability.

Plus it's an Ag based curriculum Smile
Quote:Well this couldn't be more dense.

Our current system of government only exists because the average citizen doesn't know the difference between a retirement account and an insurance program.
Quote:I saw a story where a kid was suspended for biting his sandwich into the shape of a gun and pointing it in make believe. 

Just recently, a 4 year old was suspended from preschool for bringing what the "educators" called a "shotgun bullet" to school because he thought it was neat.  The problem is, it was only a spent .22 ACP casing that he found on his grandfather's property.

The thing is, the child's grandfather happens to be a police officer and has been actually teaching the child about firearms and safety.

What does suspending a 4 year old for bringing a piece of brass to school teach?
Quote:Our current system of government only exists because the average citizen doesn't know the difference between a retirement account and an insurance program.

Also, so-called "educators" don't know the difference between a "shotgun bullet" and a spent shell casing.  See my post above.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://fox2now.com/2017/03/22/4-year-old-suspended-for-bringing-a-shell-casing-to-preschool-daycare-goes-viral-on-facebook/'>Just recently, a 4 year old was suspended from preschool for bringing what the "educators" called a "shotgun bullet" to school</a> because he thought it was neat. The problem is, it was only a spent .22 ACP casing that he found on his grandfather's property.

The thing is, the child's grandfather happens to be a police officer and has been actually teaching the child about firearms and safety.

What does suspending a 4 year old for bringing a piece of brass to school teach?
Meh

Pre-School.

Private organizations with their own opinions. Choose a better one.

Quote:Also, so-called "educators" don't know the difference between a "shotgun bullet" and a spent shell casing. See my post above.

It's a stretch to call them educators. Most of the preschools anyways.
Pages: 1 2