Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Just watched Broncos against Chargers week 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Malik was a monster. I suggest watching this game to see how good this guy can be. He's like Marks. I felt like I was watching Marks back in 2014. He was either too quick for the guard to get his hands on or too powerful and was bull rushing him back into Rivers. With a rotation of Jackson, Marks, and Day our 3T position is absolutely loaded. Also what stuck out to me was that Malik was double teamed more than anyone else, and he was able to split them, and he has an awesome motor. I keep reading that Jackson won't be as good here because he won't have Von Miller being double teamed to take advantage of. Well I haven't see these Von Miller double teams everyone is talking about. I always see Jackson getting chipped on the inside more than Miller being double on the edge, and that's by design as Denver makes sure to get Miller in one on one situations. 

Also I think Jackson may be able to get more sacks here than he did in Denver. There were several times Malik was in position to get a sack but Von Miller got there just a hair before he did. He might be able to get 8 sacks here, which is awesome for an interior lineman.

About to go watch it now but good insight OP, i hope he does get 8.  If he can handle double teams with marks odrick, and miller rushing next to him, our ends should feast.

Edit: My bad, can't forget Sheldon aka Day Day or Michael B.

I'll have to watch it. It's interesting that you say he faced so many double teams, because I remember when FA opened a lot of people were saying he was a beneficiary of Miller/Ware receiving doubles.

He also said Fowler looks like a young Von Miller FWIW

Our d lines gonna be beastly
Crazy to think this DL went from just horrible to the point of "which good players won't even make the team" level in one offseason.

I know we always have a lot of excitement this time of year, but man I can't wait to see this team play.

Quote:Crazy to think this DL went from just horrible to the point of "which good players won't even make the team" level in one offseason.

I know we always have a lot of excitement this time of year, but man I can't wait to see this team play.
2 things

1. I love the fact that Fowler and Yannick won't be doubled because you have to double our interior lineman.

2. How did you change your username?
Quote:Crazy to think this DL went from just horrible to the point of "which good players won't even make the team" level in one offseason.

I feel the DL was good last year... just no one could rush the passer. Miller, Jones, Odrick, Alualu, Bennett were good against the run.

But yes, the talent and depth has improved ten fold. Maybe we will have a line that consistently win the LOS.
Quote:I feel the DL was good last year... just no one could rush the passer. Miller, Jones, Odrick, Alualu, Bennett were good against the run.

But yes, the talent and depth has improved ten fold. Maybe we will have a line that consistently win the LOS.
Can you actually be a good DL if you don't rush the passer though?
Quote:Can you actually be a good DL if you don't rush the passer though?

Considering they're not asked to be pass rushers, I'd say yes. 3/4 spots had at least average starters and we had good depth at those positions too, the problem was the key position on the line couldn't do it's job and that's why we struggled.
Quote:Can you actually be a good DL if you don't rush the passer though?

Although not as good, JDRs d-lines were great against the run, but we couldn't form a pass rush.
Quote:2 things

1. I love the fact that Fowler and Yannick won't be doubled because you have to double our interior lineman.

2. How did you change your username?

Can't wait to see those too. Yannick I have a real good feeling about.

And I sent you a message about the username change
We will need Malik Jackson to replicate his performance against the Bolts this year if we are to maximize our chances of beating them.  Rivers needs to be hit and put on his butt a few times to keep him from picking us apart.

Skeet, out of curiosity, what screen name did you use before?

Quote:Malik was a monster. I suggest watching this game to see how good this guy can be. He's like Marks. I felt like I was watching Marks back in 2014. He was either too quick for the guard to get his hands on or too powerful and was bull rushing him back into Rivers. With a rotation of Jackson, Marks, and Day our 3T position is absolutely loaded. Also what stuck out to me was that Malik was double teamed more than anyone else, and he was able to split them, and he has an awesome motor. I keep reading that Jackson won't be as good here because he won't have Von Miller being double teamed to take advantage of. Well I haven't see these Von Miller double teams everyone is talking about. I always see Jackson getting chipped on the inside more than Miller being double on the edge, and that's by design as Denver makes sure to get Miller in one on one situations. 

Also I think Jackson may be able to get more sacks here than he did in Denver. There were several times Malik was in position to get a sack but Von Miller got there just a hair before he did. He might be able to get 8 sacks here, which is awesome for an interior lineman.

The problem is moving the guy to another position / role and different playbook how will he perform & knowing that he bet on himself last year will he continue to play at that high of a level now that hes already been paid.. I am hoping so..
Quote:We will need Malik Jackson to replicate his performance against the Bolts this year if we are to maximize our chances of beating them. Rivers needs to be hit and put on his butt a few times to keep him from picking us apart.

Skeet, out of curiosity, what screen name did you use before?

You're right. Would love to finally beat them.

And I was mvannostran before.
Quote:The problem is moving the guy to another position / role and different playbook how will he perform & knowing that he bet on himself last year will he continue to play at that high of a level now that hes already been paid.. I am hoping so..

Everything he's said and even done in practices so far show that he's not going to slack off. So I'm betting on that attitude sticking around.
His physique is scary!

Quote:The problem is moving the guy to another position / role and different playbook how will he perform & knowing that he bet on himself last year will he continue to play at that high of a level now that hes already been paid.. I am hoping so..
its not really a new position. The 3-tech is basically a lot of what he did at Denver accept it plays to his strengths even more. He was at his best when rushing to the shoulder of the Guard. They couldn't stop him. Here he will be able to do exclusively that while Dwnver moved him around a bit more. His gap responsibilities will also be easier. PFF even said Malik Jackson generated the most pressure of any player when rushing from the outside shoulder of the guard, and that the Jags rushed from that alignment more than any other team in the league.
Quote:We will need Malik Jackson to replicate his performance against the Bolts this year if we are to maximize our chances of beating them.  Rivers needs to be hit and put on his butt a few times to keep him from picking us apart.

We definitely need to pressure Rivers, but I'm also hoping Jack on Gates and Ramsey on Allen will help. :yes: