Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CUT JAMES SAMPLE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...ples-no-23

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars rookie cornerback Jalen Ramseyrecently got a $15 million signing bonus so he can afford a lot of things.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">A huge home. Luxury cars. A small yacht. Top-level designer clothing and jewelry. Maybe even invest in a couple of local business opportunities.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">However, there’s one thing that he won’t have enough funds for: The No. 23 jersey.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">That currently belongs to second-year safety James Sample and he says he’s not giving it up regardless of what kind of offer Ramsey makes.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">"Me and him talked about it, but this year, I’m going to be wearing 23," Sample said Tuesday.
Cut him... Lol
How dare he.

This was actually a good move by Sample because we're all going to know his number now.

38 looks good on him.
I never understood this whole number thing. How is one number better than another number?  

Quote:I never understood this whole number thing. How is one number better than another number?
when it comes to this number it means something to the hometown sample is from where as Ramsey just wants it cause he a Jordan sponsored athlete
Quote:http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...ples-no-23

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars rookie cornerback Jalen Ramseyrecently got a $15 million signing bonus so he can afford a lot of things.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">A huge home. Luxury cars. A small yacht. Top-level designer clothing and jewelry. Maybe even invest in a couple of local business opportunities.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">However, there’s one thing that he won’t have enough funds for: The No. 23 jersey.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">That currently belongs to second-year safety James Sample and he says he’s not giving it up regardless of what kind of offer Ramsey makes.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">"Me and him talked about it, but this year, I’m going to be wearing 23," Sample said Tuesday.
Quote:I never understood this whole number thing. How is one number better than another number?  

It's all about dumb jocks blowing huge amounts of money on stupid stuff.  Many of them end up broke shortly after their NFL career.
I hope Sample gets a chance to start now and make a name for himself.

Cut him

Sample shouldnt give his number up to no rook. Why should we cut Sample again?
Im lost, cut Sample because he wont give his number up to an unproven rookie?
Quote:Im lost, cut Sample because he wont give his number up to an unproven rookie?

Yeah, that's how I read it, although I also figured he's joking.

Quote:Im lost, cut Sample because he wont give his number up to an unproven rookie?

In fairness, what exactly has Sample proven as 2nd year player?
You guys know that the team owns and controls numbers, right? They could pretty easily just say, "Hey, James, here's a $23 gift certificate to Baskin Robbins. Now go to the equipment room to pick a new number," if they felt like it.

Quote:In fairness, what exactly has Sample proven as 2nd year player?
How to heal from a broken arm! Wink
Yep cutting him is the answer (sarcasm)
Lol, I know you guys and gals aren't taking Hurricane seriously.
Quote:In fairness, what exactly has Sample proven as 2nd year player?
whos number is it?
Quote:whos number is it?

Shad Khan's

So status wise I suppose a 3rd year UDFA who has been cut twice and bounces back and forth between practice squad and active roster trumps that of a top five pick rookie?

Makes sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5