Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: No More Mid-Term Exams and everyone gets a trophy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unbelievable.

Students signing a petition for no more mid-term exams and calling for grades lower than a C to be done away with.  I'll just bet that they support Bernie Sanders.
Someone has been in a stated of triggered for a couple days it seems. 

That said, sounds dumb to me. 

Quote:Someone has been in a stated of triggered for a couple days it seems. 

That said, sounds dumb to me. 

Only you liberals get "triggered".   :yes:
Quote:Only you liberals get "triggered".   :yes:
Your metldown about minorities speaking up would say otherwise. 

Tell me again how only liberals make blanket statements about conservatives? 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://theweek.com/speedreads/626361/oberlin-students-want-abolish-midterms-grades-below-c'>Unbelievable</a>.

Students signing a petition for no more mid-term exams and calling for grades lower than a C to be done away with. I'll just bet that they support Bernie Sanders.
I'm beginning to think you've gone troll.
Quote:Your metldown about minorities speaking up would say otherwise. 

Tell me again how only liberals make blanket statements about conservatives? 

I never said that.  I was asking why liberals are able to get away with referring to Mexicans in a stereotypical way while a conservative would be roasted in the media.  You know, the whole "taco" and "manicured lawns" thing.  At the same time, they accuse conservatives of being "racist" and/or "homophobic", etc.  Also, liberals tend to label people whether it's by race (most of the time), sexual orientation, etc.

So as far as this topic, should these students get their wish to abolish mid-terms and get rid of any grade below a C?
Quote:I'm beginning to think you've gone troll.

Nope, just giving examples of our future.
Pretty Soon a college degree is going to be worthless..........

Quote:Pretty Soon a college degree is going to be worthless..........

Depending on the degree, it already is..
Quote:I never said that.  I was asking why liberals are able to get away with referring to Mexicans in a stereotypical way while a conservative would be roasted in the media.  You know, the whole "taco" and "manicured lawns" thing.  At the same time, they accuse conservatives of being "racist" and/or "homophobic", etc.  Also, liberals tend to label people whether it's by race (most of the time), sexual orientation, etc.

So as far as this topic, should these students get their wish to abolish mid-terms and get rid of any grade below a C?
No, you are right, you didn't. You said all liberals think conservatives hate Mexicans because they want immigration reform. So I guess you wern't saying conservatives don't do that, since you did so yourself. Fair enough. At least we are on the same page in understanding you are making en mass accusations in the manner you are accusing the other side of doing.

You are seriously trying to claim you didn't day say you were tired of hearing about people being offended when they are clearly a minority of this country? Ok.

As for the topic, no students shouldn't get to have influence in the method of teaching or grading. They are not teachers or educational professionals. Of course that's silly. That's why I said it sounded dumb. 
Quote:No, you are right, you didn't. You said all liberals think conservatives hate Mexicans because they want immigration reform. So I guess you wern't saying conservatives don't do that, since you did so yourself. Fair enough. At least we are on the same page in understanding you are making en mass accusations in the manner you are accusing the other side of doing.

You are seriously trying to claim you didn't day say you were tired of hearing about people being offended when they are clearly a minority of this country? Ok.

As for the topic, no students shouldn't get to have influence in the method of teaching or grading. They are not teachers or educational professionals. Of course that's silly. That's why I said it sounded dumb. 

Evidently you have been "triggered".  That's O.K.  If it makes you feel any better, you won't get a grade below a C in this thread and you will get your participation trophy.

To get back to the topic of this thread, these students want to change all of this so that they can turn their attention to "activism".  College students complain about the cost of higher education, yet rather than actually get educated apparently "activism" is more important.
Quote:Evidently you have been "triggered".  That's O.K.  If it makes you feel any better, you won't get a grade below a C in this thread and you will get your participation trophy.

To get back to the topic of this thread, these students want to change all of this so that they can turn their attention to "activism".  College students complain about the cost of higher education, yet rather than actually get educated apparently "activism" is more important.
I like how you say you didn't say those things. Got called on it. And ignored it. If snark is what helps you get over your own hypocrisy by all means let it all out. 

Everyone agrees with you that's it's not their say. The way you are approaching this after everyone agrees with you is what actually being triggered looks like. 
Anyone else think the term "triggered" is juvenile and idiotic?

I hear the word and I picture a little kid pouting because they got their toy taken from them.

Someone seriously needs to pull the plug on reddit..
Quote:Anyone else think the term "triggered" is juvenile and idiotic?

I hear the word and I picture a little kid pouting because they got their toy taken from them.

Someone seriously needs to pull the plug on reddit..
I agree. It sounds pretty ridiculous no matter who uses it. Also baiting people with it is childish. Baiting people anyway is childish but whatever.....
If you read the article upon which this is based, it details why the students asked for this (and were denied, by the way). Oberlin encourages civic involvement, and there is precedent. Oberlin students were given these breaks during the Vietnam War protests in the 60s. That, and the fact the current student's demands were denied, doesn't give much credence to any notion this is a another sign of societal decline. Also, due to this and other things going on at Oberlin, students are leaving that college.

Still, it was a stupid request, but it's also not worthy of hand-wringing.

Someone else said it best, "these kids think they go to college to educate us."

These kids are paying to go to college. To show up and do the work. Activism happens in their free time and not to the detriment of their education or else they deserve what they get. That's how the real world works.

I couldn't just leave my job or go protest somewhere during my free time to the effect that my performance at work suffers and expect there not to be consequences. I could just see my boss being okay with that. Only not.