Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Need some electrical work done and need some suggestions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The power plug for my septic tank was eaten up by a weed eater and I need to have it and the socket replaced. It seems like a reasonably easy enough fix but I don't have the time or patience to do it. Anyone know of a quality electrician that isn't gonna try to rip me off? I appreciate your suggestions.

Nm
Use a Licensed electrician, a handy man will just mess it up

Use insulated rubber gloves and don't stand in a puddle of water.. Trust me on this..
Angie's List.
Any electrician should be able to handle that in about 10 mins.

That's maybe $10-$15 in parts so if they want to charge you over $50 call somewhere else.

Have them use weatherproof splices and heat shrink tubing around those splices.
Quote:Any electrician should be able to handle that in about 10 mins.

That's maybe $10-$15 in parts so if they want to charge you over $50 call somewhere else.

Psshhhhht.

"Weatherproof"

Where'd you come up with that term? Next thing you know, you'll be talking about "waterproof" clothing.
Quote:Any electrician should be able to handle that in about 10 mins.

Minimum labor is probably more than $50.  Any good electrician wouldn't use splices.
That's a pretty easy fix. Most people just get a little timid when it comes to electricity. Just jam the remaining wires into the socket and presto! Good as new. I mean, really, what's the worst that can happen??

But really, from what you said it is an easy fix. Next time place some corrigated tubing around that area or whatever you have on have to protect that area from the weed eater in the future. I've put that stuff around downspouts and a few sprinkler risers so my lawn guy doesn't bust them. Works pretty well. Or you can just use round-up and kill the grass around it if that isn't an option.