Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What a con artist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He doesn't believe in climate change unless he needs to. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/do...rse-223436

"Donald Trump says he is “not a big believer in global warming.” He has called it “a total hoax,” [BAD WORD REMOVED] and “pseudoscience.”

But he is also trying to build a sea wall designed to protect one of his golf courses from “global warming and its effects.”

<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
"The New York billionaire is applying for permission to erect a coastal protection works to prevent erosion at his seaside golf resort, Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Ireland, in County Clare.

A permit application for the wall, filed by Trump International Golf Links Ireland and reviewed by POLITICO, explicitly cites global warming and its consequences — increased erosion due to rising sea levels and extreme weather this century — as a chief justification for building the structure."

I'm sure his fans will arrive and tell you how smart he is and why he isn't contradicting himself shortly
I'm grabbing my popcorn now...
In fairness, one can not buy into the "It's End of the World Due to Global Warming" hype and still recognize that the seas have been rising for hundreds of years. It's a matter of local geology as to whether it's a problem for any particular place, since the Earth's crust is rising in some places and falling in others. Here's the closest tide gauge:

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrend...id=175-071

From that graph it looks like sea level rise in Ireland is not a problem, with an average of 0.07mm per year (less than 3 inches per century). That shows that Trump is not immune to wasting money on worthless ventures, which is the real problem with Trump. 

Quote:I'm sure his fans will arrive and tell you how smart he is and why he isn't contradicting himself shortly

What's the easiest way to get the permit? Tell them what they want to hear.

Just like his Presidential campaign.
It seems building walls is Trump's answer to many problems.
It isn't global warming!

....Until it is.

"Good fences make good neighbors" - Robert Frost

Quote:What's the easiest way to get the permit? Tell them what they want to hear.

Hey!
Quote:What's the easiest way to get the permit? Tell them what they want to hear.

Quote:Hey!

Well... it is true, even if what they want to hear is unrealistic.
The wall just got 10 feet higher!!
I'm sure he will get Mexicans to build the wall...
Quote:The wall just got 10 feet higher!!

Switched to metric?
He's going to con his way into the presidency if we're not careful....

Quote:He's going to con his way into the presidency if we're not careful....

Lol, yeah, cause Shrillary is sooooo much better.
Quote:Lol, yeah, cause Shrillary is sooooo much better.

Marginally.

So did the bull piss

and the merpeople are going to pay for it. 
listen guys, we need to make sure every illegal here doesn't get deported or else this country will collapse. if you vote for Trump for sure he will protect the borders and that will cause our country to burn down in a day. please help.

Quote:listen guys, we need to make sure every illegal here doesn't get deported or else this country will collapse. if you vote for Trump for sure he will protect the borders and that will cause our country to burn down in a day. please help.

What's the deal with conservatives hating Mexicans? So you not like tacos or well manicured lawns? What exactly is the problem?
Pages: 1 2