Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blink-182
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Any fans on here?

New record coming out in about 6 weeks... very much looking forward to this.

As big a fan of their old stuff as I am, I'm excited by this new chapter. Tom Delonge was starting to become a bit of a baby, and Matt Skiba is a perfect replacement. He can actually sing live too! Plus he's one of the frontmen of one of my favourite ever bands (Alkaline Trio).

Here's hoping they extend this tour to the UK!

wow i didn't know they where still around

I saw them live at an Earth Day Birthday bash a few years, ago, damn had to be almost 8 years ago now that I'm thinking about it. Anyways, they put on the best show out of all the groups playing that night including Korn. Korn was a real let down their show sucked. 

Quote:wow i didn't know they where still around

I saw them live at an Earth Day Birthday bash a few years, ago, damn had to be almost 8 years ago now that I'm thinking about it. Anyways, they put on the best show out of all the groups playing that night including Korn. Korn was a real let down their show sucked. 

Korn were superb live around about 99/2000... then they went downhill IMO.
I loved their old stuff, but their new stuff was not very good.  I agree with your comment about Tom though....I saw some shows of them playing live in the later years and it just looked like he had no passion.

I heard their new song and it just didn't do much for me.  It was a bit too slow for my liking.

I'm still a Blink fan and I'm excited to hear what Matt Skiba brings to the band. I also plan on seeing them live when they head down here in August. The one and only time I saw them live before was back in 2002, the Pop Disaster Tour with Green Day and Jimmy Eat World. I was in 8th grade. lol

Also, I saw Korn live at Mayhem Festival back in 2010 and I thought they sounded pretty good. It was my first time seeing them.

Quote:I loved their old stuff, but their new stuff was not very good.  I agree with your comment about Tom though....I saw some shows of them playing live in the later years and it just looked like he had no passion.

I heard their new song and it just didn't do much for me.  It was a bit too slow for my liking.
Ironically, some of the 'hardcore' fans are aggitated at Matt Skiba being in the band as it's not the 'original' line up. I'm assuming they never liked anything with Travis in the band then? I loved Buddah, Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch, but they became a better band with the implementation of Travis Barker.

Quote:I'm still a Blink fan and I'm excited to hear what Matt Skiba brings to the band. I also plan on seeing them live when they head down here in August. The one and only time I saw them live before was back in 2002, the Pop Disaster Tour with Green Day and Jimmy Eat World. I was in 8th grade. lol

Also, I saw Korn live at Mayhem Festival back in 2010 and I thought they sounded pretty good. It was my first time seeing them.
I agree with this. I think their latest track is very good. I have high hopes for the new record.

I saw them in about 2012, that was about the 3rd time I'd seen them, but Tom was almost taking it all too seriously, that's not what Blink-182 are about.. Green Day and Jimmy Eat World, I've seen both of those bands in the last 4-5 years.. they never fail to impress with how good they are live!
oh crap my bad guys, it was papa roach I saw live not blink 182. nevermind...........

Quote:oh crap my bad guys, it was papa roach I saw live not blink 182. nevermind...........

Back when they were good!
I was a fan back in my teenage days but I have since switched to my grown up styles of music. Like K-pop and Babymetal.

One of the better concerts I've seen was Jimmy Eat World, Green Day, and headlined by Blink.  It was a great show.

Quote:I was a fan back in my teenage days but I have since switched to my grown up styles of music. Like K-pop and Babymetal.

It's nice to see the timeline when you transitioned from a teenaged boy to a teenaged girl... :whistling:
Quote:One of the better concerts I've seen was Jimmy Eat World, Green Day, and headlined by Blink.  It was a great show.
Pop Disaster Tour 2002.  I remember being so jealous my best friend was going and I wasn't. Then, after school the day of the show, he calls me and says one of his brother's friends bailed and had an extra ticket. Lucked out on that one. Great memories.
[Image: LeedsReading2000.jpg]

This was the first time I saw Blink-182!!
Quote:[Image: LeedsReading2000.jpg]

This was the first time I saw Blink-182!!

Dang..Are even half those bands even around anymore?
Quote:Dang..Are even half those bands even around anymore?

Half and half at best, I'd say..
Love Blink 182. I have a lot of their old stuff and never get tired of it.
Quote:Love Blink 182. I have a lot of their old stuff and never get tired of it.

Same for me, old or new, I love it!
Quote:Half and half at best, I'd say..
Which also describes Oasis back when they were active.
Quote:Which also describes Oasis back when they were active.

I was a HUGE Oasis fan back in the late 90's!
Quote:oh crap my bad guys, it was papa roach I saw live not blink 182. nevermind...........

Lol how do you mix up papa roach and blink 182?
Pages: 1 2 3