Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "In terms of top-to-bottom talent, #Jaguars have the best roster in the AFC South."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Per Andy Benoit.

Agree or disagree? do we have the talent to take over this division?

Maybe in raw terms yes. But we have no real way of knowing if any of our draft picks are any good until we get them on the field. Until we see their real level of talent any comparisons are odious.

Quote:Andy Benoit

<div>‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@Andy_Benoit</span>
In terms of top-to-bottom talent, #Jaguars have the best roster in the AFC South.
</div>

On paper, they are at least even with the tinhorns in terms of talent on the roster, but that's counting on a few unproven players to make an impact. 

We'll see.  I think they'll be a lot more competitive within the division. Most talented roster?  Maybe, but the jury's still out. 

Quote:Maybe in raw terms yes. But we have no real way of knowing if any of our draft picks are any good until we get them on the field. Until we see their real level of talent any comparisons are odious.
So would you trade our roster for anyone elses in the AFC South?

If you wouldn't (which I'm assuming you wouldn't), doesn't that mean we have the best roster?
"We want to make this thing special" - Blake Bortles

Quote:So would you trade our roster for anyone elses in the AFC South?

If you wouldn't (which I'm assuming you wouldn't), doesn't that mean we have the best roster?
I wouldn't because each roster has it's own strengths and weaknesses and question marks. There is no clear leader and though the tacks are clearly the expected fourth place finisher they are not that far behind the rest.
Quote:I wouldn't because each roster has it's own strengths and weaknesses and question marks. There is no clear leader and though the tacks are clearly the expected fourth place finisher they are not that far behind the rest.
I call bull you know what Smile Don't get caught up with star players. The jags have best OVERALL roster is the argument. Don't forget where the Texans are strong on defense the jags have a much stronger offense. The defense is only question mark, but based on off-season adds coupled with first round talent it pushes the tilt into the jag's favor.
Plenty of talent on this team. Once that talent gains experience...........look the [BAD WORD REMOVED] out. This team is going to roll opponents.

I'm tired of being good on paper. Doesn't mean squat.
We already have the best QB and skill position players on offense.

Oak too
Quote:I'm tired of being good on paper. Doesn't mean squat.

When was the last time the Jaguars were "good on paper"? Haha
Quote:When was the last time the Jaguars were "good on paper"? Haha
Quote:When was the last time the Jaguars were "good on paper"? Haha

Exactly. I'm going to be excited. No one is going to make me believe otherwise
Past 10 years this team has been better on paper than on the field. That's for damn sure. Can't deny that.
Aside from last season of course
Quote:I'm tired of being good on paper. Doesn't mean squat.

I agree.  I had something good on paper this morning after eating Mexican food for lunch and having a pretty good steak for dinner last night.
Honestly - I wouldn't trade our roster for any in the entire league.  I absolutely love this team!  

Bradley is the biggest question mark in my mind.  He has awesome qualities though, and because of the team he has participated in assembling, I am now much more forgiving to let him 'learn on the job' with respect to his sideline skills and in-game decision-making.

What we need is for the players themselves to really believe and understand just how good they can be if they can find the right 'tune'..  that is, not too tight (sharp), and not too loose (flat) ..   That way we will avoid injuries, and play to our strength, which is, the best players.

We need 'plays' prepared for the special moments in the NFL.  Well practiced, so the players will be confident they will work when the time comes..  

If this team can get out of the box on opening day with a strong victory earned before half-time even..  and stay loose, I don't see a team in the NFL we cannot beat..  not one..  We are more than competitive now, we have an advantage.  Whether we can capitalize on it is another matter..  that is coaching.  Bradley has many great qualities .. we will know very early if he can play the instrument he helped assemble and tune.

Quote:Per Andy Benoit.

Agree or disagree? do we have the talent to take over this division?
I think right now I would disagree, though we aren't too far off.

I don't think any team that lacks at least a good pass blocking  LT and a proven good pass rusher can have the most talented team.

Those two positions-two of the four marquee positions-are too important to dismiss the lack of them in making us the most talented team top to bottom.
Quote:Honestly - I wouldn't trade our roster for any in the entire league.  I absolutely love this team!  

Bradley is the biggest question mark in my mind.  He has awesome qualities though, and because of the team he has participated in assembling, I am now much more forgiving to let him 'learn on the job' with respect to his sideline skills and in-game decision-making.

What we need is for the players themselves to really believe and understand just how good they can be if they can find the right 'tune'..  that is, not too tight (sharp), and not too loose (flat) ..   That way we will avoid injuries, and play to our strength, which is, the best players.

We need 'plays' prepared for the special moments in the NFL.  Well practiced, so the players will be confident they will work when the time comes..  

If this team can get out of the box on opening day with a strong victory earned before half-time even..  and stay loose, I don't see a team in the NFL we cannot beat..  not one..  We are more than competitive now, we have an advantage.  Whether we can capitalize on it is another matter..  that is coaching.  Bradley has many great qualities .. we will know very early if he can play the instrument he helped assemble and tune.
I agree with this.

Though I do not think we have the most talented roster top to bottom due to the lack of a good pass blocking LT and a good proven pass rusher, I would not trade this roster for any other in the league.

I agree that Bradley is the biggest question mark, followed by LT, Fowler, LG and kicker.

More than anything else, this team needs maturity...to grow out of the mind numbing mistakes that too often cost us games.
Pages: 1 2 3 4