Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith and Myles Jack (Dynamic Duo)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Like most I'm really excited about this offseason, but nothing excites me more than the prospects of Telvin Smith and a healthy and productive Myles Jack in the LB core...this actually could shape up to be one of the most dynamic LB duos in recent NFL history...the speed and athleticism would be unmatched.

I wonder if they'll put Fowler at LB too.

That would be an amazing trio.

You would also have great backups in Poz and Skuta.

Should be interesting to see how all the new toys fit in.

Yea, I'm a defense (LB) guy. Love the position and having Telvin and Myles is very, very exciting!!

Telvin/Myles on the field together = a LOT of speed at LB.  That's for sure. 

If Holmes turns out the to be the pass rushing OTTO some think he can be, an ideal line-up might just be...

WILL: Telvin Smith, MIKE: Myles Jack, OTTO: Tyrone Holmes

Quote:If Holmes turns out the to be the pass rushing OTTO some think he can be, an ideal line-up might just be...

Holmes ran 4.60. Would be interesting to see
Quote:Holmes ran 4.60. Would be interesting to see

I like how many chess pieces the front 7 is starting to have.
Telvin Smith and Myles Jack are two of my favorite players. Obviously Myles hasn't done anything in the NFL but I have high reverence for his style of play in college. If he pans out, it'll be absolutely amazing to watch these two fly around the field. Add in Jalen Ramsey and Dante Fowler to the first time jersey donners, we have a lot of talent.
One thing I love is,Gibson,Jackson,Fowler,Prince,Ramsey,Jack...all very sure tacklers.
I need new pants
Quote:I need new pants

Hahahahaha
Quote:If Holmes turns out the to be the pass rushing OTTO some think he can be, an ideal line-up might just be...

This is interesting. I haven't given him thought, but you think he's an Otto candidate? Not Leo?
Quote:One thing I love is,Gibson,Jackson,Fowler,Prince,Ramsey,Jack...all very sure tacklers.
Add in Marks, and Colvin after he gets off his 4 game time out as well.
Quote:I wonder if they'll put Fowler at LB too.

That would be an amazing trio.

You would also have great backups in Poz and Skuta.
Fowler's a Leo.  We need the pass rush to help many other positions on the field.

I hope Holmes turns out better than his draft position.  However, he's a smaller school rookie with highly likely need development time.  We need to take off the teal glasses and sip the rational tea once in awhile.  FYI....CBS had Holmes ranked as the 20th at his position and 235th overall.   
Quote:This is interesting. I haven't given him thought, but you think he's an Otto candidate? Not Leo?

During the post draft press conference Caldwell mentioned Holmes playing the "LOTTO" position, both OTTO and LEO. OTTO will probably give him the best chance at early playing time being the direct backup to Skuta, but the caveat is he doesn't really have any experience playing from a 2 point stance.
Holmes will probably be on the practice squad this year

Quote:Holmes will probably be on the practice squad this year

He'll most likely make the squad assuming he doesn't completely bomb out in practice and preseason. He's the only other guy on the roster with the skill set to play OTTO besides Skuta.
FWIW, Jeff Lageman was not impressed by Holmes after watching all his film.

He said that even though he put up good numbers at his pro day, he is generally speaking very stiff, takes extra steps for no reason, and just seems very unathletic.

If that is true, I doubt Holmes has any chance of playing Otto. He is probably a long shot to make the team.. Time will tell.

Lageman did like the other DE we drafted in the 7th I believe.
Pages: 1 2