Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Zach Mettenberger Cut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: e9d3ee11fe2bf9340ecf011eda9f45ea.png]

Welp.
The GM and HC responsible for Tennessee drafting Zach Mettenberger are long gone.   But today's news is still surprising,  at least on this end.   Especially,  at this point in time before OTAs begin. 

That team sure does have the looks of a disaster waiting to happen.  I thought they were turning it around, but now I'm not so sure.  

Quote:That team sure does have the looks of a disaster waiting to happen. I thought they were turning it around, but now I'm not so sure.
lol wat
Quote:lol wat

That team sure does have the looks of a disaster waiting to happen.  I thought they were turning it around, but now I'm not so sure. 
I know they have Mariota and that's where their faith lies, but 2 years into your career and you're waived?  He wasn't atrocious when he was in and there were some that really liked what Mettenberger could do.  Perhaps there's more to the story than just that they've seen enough of him in practice and in games.

Quote:I know they have Mariota and that's where their faith lies, but 2 years into your career and you're waived? He wasn't atrocious when he was in and there were some that really liked what Mettenberger could do. Perhaps there's more to the story than just that they've seen enough of him in practice and in games.
nah hes just bad lol
Quote:I know they have Mariota and that's where their faith lies, but 2 years into your career and you're waived?  He wasn't atrocious when he was in and there were some that really liked what Mettenberger could do.  Perhaps there's more to the story than just that they've seen enough of him in practice and in games.
It wouldn't surprise me if something comes out soon that provides some additional insight into why he was waived.  I suspect there's more to the story than him just being bad.  The timing speaks volumes. 
Quote:It wouldn't surprise me if something comes out soon that provides some additional insight into why he was waived.  I suspect there's more to the story than him just being bad.  The timing speaks volumes. 

I'm with you.  Just seems like there was no real cost to seeing if he was a decent backup.  Why not wait?
Quote:It wouldn't surprise me if something comes out soon that provides some additional insight into why he was waived. I suspect there's more to the story than him just being bad. The timing speaks volumes.
they released him now so he can get to his next team and learn for otas and camp.
Cleveland South
Quote:they released him now so he can get to his next team and learn for otas and camp.

Under the circumstance of being released,  it's much better now for this to happen compared to in late June or later for the reason you mentioned.    Many players that would otherwise have a pretty good chance of landing a roster spot never truly catch up when they aren't with a team until after the OTAs and Mandatory Minicamp.    Especially,  relatively young/ inexperienced players entering a different system.
He was a 6 round pick, people only making a big deal out of it because of his name he is known and was thought to go higher, its just the cycle of the NFL

Right now, he is better than Henne. We have already paid Henne though.
Who?
Claimed by Chargers
Quote:That team sure does have the looks of a disaster waiting to happen. I thought they were turning it around, but now I'm not so sure.
You need to say it slower for him.... Lol.