Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Travel help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I live in Virginia, and am planning a trip for the Green Bay game.  Am planning on staying Fri and Sat night at the beach, then was thinking we'd stay downtown Sunday night after the game........ Any hotel recommendations? I was thinking of something close to Riverwalk............am coming with a buddy, so we'll be in party mode, as opposed to family mode.  Also, if hanging out at Riverwalk or downtown on Sunday night is a bad move, please let me know, and I'll just book another night at the beach. 

Thanks in advance!

depends on your price range for lodging. staying on the water front  will cost you. there is a Days Inn on Atlantic Blvd that is near the beach that will give your wallet some relief . There are extended stays halfway between the beach and downtown where you can get a room for a week at the same price as one night at the beach. I suggest you go online to look for rooms . Also check out airbnb.com . The River walk is safe at night as far as im concerned. Enjoy the stay and the game !

The Omni is nice, and you won't have to cross the river.

I only found two that were directly downtown as we like to be able to walk most places fairly easily. Hyatt and Omni, Hyatt was fully booked so we booked Omni. About a 30 min walk from the stadium, so we may just bar hop back after the game.
My opinion, stay out at the beach every night.  After the game is over there will be a bit to do, but at night downtown kind of becomes a ghost town.  Hanging out at the Landing isn't the greatest.

Stay out at the beach as close to Neptune as you can.  Good bars, restaurants, and views.

Quote:My opinion, stay out at the beach every night.  After the game is over there will be a bit to do, but at night downtown kind of becomes a ghost town.  Hanging out at the Landing isn't the greatest.
Last time I was in Jacksonville I went to the Hooters at the Landing. There's a lot of depressing things in this world, a half-empty Hooters in a deserted plaza is one of them.
Quote:I live in Virginia, and am planning a trip for the Green Bay game.  Am planning on staying Fri and Sat night at the beach, then was thinking we'd stay downtown Sunday night after the game........ Any hotel recommendations? I was thinking of something close to Riverwalk............am coming with a buddy, so we'll be in party mode, as opposed to family mode.  Also, if hanging out at Riverwalk or downtown on Sunday night is a bad move, please let me know, and I'll just book another night at the beach. 

Thanks in advance!

Just letting you know now, hanging out around downtown and/or the Riverwalk is a bad idea... unless you like to hang out with homeless people.  There really isn't anything in the area for two guys in "party mode".

A short trip over the river brings you to Phillips Highway which offers some "entertainment" of the adult variety.  Going north from downtown offers an "exciting" experience.  Flack jackets are highly recommended.

Seriously, spend your extra night out at the beaches or elsewhere.
Take the canoe trip to Aintry.
Quote:Just letting you know now, hanging out around downtown and/or the Riverwalk is a bad idea... unless you like to hang out with homeless people. There really isn't anything in the area for two guys in "party mode".

A short trip over the river brings you to Phillips Highway which offers some "entertainment" of the adult variety. Going north from downtown offers an "exciting" experience. Flack jackets are highly recommended.

Seriously, spend your extra night out at the beaches or elsewhere.
They can always catch an Uber and hit up King Street, that's not too far from downtown.
Thanks all, you sorta confirmed what I was beginning to suspect..........that we should just spend Sunday night at the beach, rather than downtown.  I grew up in Jax Beach/Ponte Vedra (Nease grad), so am very familiar with that neck of the woods, but downtown not at all........thought for a brief moment that it might be decent to hang out around Riverwalk Sunday night, but am now convinced otherwise.  Thanks all for your help.

Billy