Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 50 Burgers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the new additions to our defense giving it the possible ability to score more points, and the possibility of Lee playing a whole season, and maybe an improved run game that keeps opposing defenses from just focusing on our passing game, could there be more 50 burger games this season

Offseason optimism is a beautiful thing
It's the optimism that kills ya.... :thumbsup:

Quote:It's the optimism that kills ya.... :thumbsup:
Optimism is great. We are all excited.

Pessimism is terrible. Imagine this board if we got Buckner and Spence instead.

Now it may not lead to wins but this is as excited Jag fans have been in almost a decade.

(not saying you're being pessimistic but others have been)
Quote:With the new additions to our defense giving it the possible ability to score more points, and the possibility of Lee playing a whole season, and maybe an improved run game that keeps opposing defenses from just focusing on our passing game, could there be more 50 burger games this season

Offseason optimism is a beautiful thing
I think the back seven of the defense has definitely improved.

But whether the defense produces enough turnovers to put up more blowout wins will depend on the pass rush.

If this team can find ways to pressure the QB, then the turnovers will come, and the blowouts will follow.
Quote:Optimism is great. We are all excited.

Pessimism is terrible. Imagine this board if we got Buckner and Spence instead.

Now it may not lead to wins but this is as excited Jag fans have been in almost a decade.

(not saying you're being pessimistic but others have been)

Yeah I was just kinda being sarcastic....

I'm excited too :-)
I thought one of the Jags players ate 50 burgers in one sitting.

I was disappointed.
I sure hope Lee can stay on the field.. he's a real burner. Bortles hit him a few times last year for big gains. I'm looking forward to more of the same.

Give me wins by 1 point.  This is one hungry fan base.  It will/would be amazing for a patience fan base to be rewarded.

Quote: and the possibility of Lee playing a whole season

I stopped reading right there .....
Quote:I thought one of the Jags players ate 50 burgers in one sitting.

I was disappointed.

Pot Roast used to do it until some dude smashed a bottle over his head
This roster reminds me of the Jaguars roster in '98 and '99. I can totally see them going off putting up a 50-burger on an unsuspecting team with Ivory breaking out and the defense scoring a TD.

Well you'd imagine Bortles will be on the field a lot more this coming season . I really hope we start blowing teams out regularly after years of beatings .

Quote:This roster reminds me of the Jaguars roster in '98 and '99. I can totally see them going off putting up a 50-burger on an unsuspecting team with Ivory breaking out and the defense scoring a TD.

I see Bortles and Yeldon getting us to the goal line and Ivory punching it in. I could see him finishing with 10-15 TDs
Honestly I see Ivory taking over as the main guy with Yeldon getting more of the clean-up work.

As a side note, I'm itching to see Grant put up some huge Sproles-type runs.

So, we were 5-11 last year but this year we're going to blow teams out on a regular basis? 

Fellas, this is the NFL.   Not college.   We don't get to play Charleston Southern. 

How about we just win a few games. 

Here are last year's scores for the world champion Broncos.   See any blowouts there? 

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/REG/Broncos

19-13

31-24

24-12

23-20

16-10

23-20

and so forth and so on.  

Blowouts?  50-burgers?   Jesus Christ, guys, come on.   That isn't going to happen.  
Nope. New England managed to throw up two 50 burgers back in 2007 during Brady's 50 TD season and undefeated regular season run. They fell short another two games by a point or two. We're nowhere near that kind of level of play. Denver did it in back-to-back weeks too in 2013 with Manning throwing for 55 TD's I think that year? Ridiculous. 

[Image: jO7nn.gif]

Quote:I see Bortles and Yeldon getting us to the goal line and Ivory punching it in. I could see him finishing with 10-15 TDs
Who would you pick in fantasy out of Ivory and Yeldon ?
Our offense last year>>>broncos offense last year.....not even close
Pages: 1 2