Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Development and Next Step
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With free agency and the draft happening recently, all the focus is on the newly acquired players.  There is another set of players I am also eager to see play this next year.  It's some of the existing roster players that are young and have been in development (or healing).  Are any ready to take the next step? 

Some notables for me:

Luke Bowanko OC/G ...developmental 6th round pick that played decent his rookie season, showing promise, and rode the bench last season.

Tyler Shatley OG/C ...developed him for 2 years now, Lageman sang praise in camp last year.

Corey Grant RB ...undrafted 3rd down back that flashed his 4.2-4.3 speed before going on IR with a hip flexor tear.

Tony Washington ...undrafted guy that played well, problem is he will likely get lost in the numbers. 

Nick Marshall DB ...undrafted QB conversion that amazingly got play time at CB due to length and athleticism. Move to FS?

Jordan Tripp LB ...Good size and speed small school LBer that came off practice squad last year. Is there another step up?

Sean Porter LB ...Bengal's former 4th round pick that could not stay healthy, return to health and productive form?

Earl Wolff S ...former 5th round athletic safety that played well for Eagles, can he return from knee microfracture procedure?

I am sure there are some others to note.

Im a huge fan of Corey Grant and Nick Marshall, i see a lot of potential in them both... Hopefully they can standout and make the cuts this season.
I see zero potential in Nick Marshall. He's awful.

Quote:I see zero potential in Nick Marshall. He's awful.

Lets see for a guy who played qb in college translating to db in the nfl he didnt play to bad ... He wasnt great.. But what rookie was?? He had bright spots... Awful is Chad Henne, and he wasnt that bad.
Quote:I see zero potential in Nick Marshall. He's awful.

Bradley said he has the best ball skills.
Everybody raves about Shatley. But I wonder why he did not get playing time over Beadles.

Grant is fast...but not good.
Quote: 

Jordan Tripp LB ...Good size and speed small school LBer that came off practice squad last year. Is there another step up?

I thought Tripp played pretty well when he was on the field last year. I am interested in seeing him this year.
Grant doesn't have any wiggle to his game.
They're all bad and will be cut eventually.

Scrubs.
I'd like to see Rashad Greene or Marqise Lee step up
So I see some of you that don't believe in the young talent. You can't teach speed, that's y we have most of those guys. I love Grant and Marshall. The others I like somewhat. But this is the year to see what Lee and Greene do this year.

Quote:I'd like to see Rashad Greene or Marqise Lee step up
Lee and Sample are my 2 sleepers
As far as I'm concerned I don't want to see nick Marshall and Corey Grant on the field. I'm sick of undrafted rookie free agents "learning on the job"...

Other undrafted guys like Hurns can just flat out play so I'm perfectly happy with him being on the field.
Quote:Im a huge fan of Corey Grant and Nick Marshall, i see a lot of potential in them both... Hopefully they can standout and make the cuts this season.
The only potential I see in them is potentially being on another team by regular season.
Quote:I'd like to see Rashad Greene or Marqise Lee step up

I'm pretty sure Greene held his own. Lee needs to stay healthy or he'll be a casualty.
While Grant's speed seems to be straight-line I think he has shown some potential

I also like what Nic Jacobs has shown and hope he sees the field more this year

Arrelious Benn is also in the mix if he can stay healthy
James Sample. Guy his potential to be a really good Safety, he should take Cyp's spot.
The only 'potential' Grant has shown is speed. People get overly enamored with a fast guy. Whitted and Witherspoon were really fast too. Same players.
Pages: 1 2