Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars have best offense and defense in AFC south..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Definitely best offense.. JJ watt is the best defensive player in NFL.. But jags have best overall defense in AFC south..
What y'all think..
I wouldn't say defense. Gotta go Texans. Whitney Mercilus is crazy underrated.
Quote:I wouldn't say defense. Gotta go Texans. Whitney Mercilus is crazy underrated.

I know but our overall team is better on paper..
Our secondary is definitely better than Houston..
I think so but as jaxjags and others would say, the Texans have proven that their the best D in the AFCS.  If we can play up to the expectations that have been already set for this D, then we will have the best D in the division hands down.

Offense hands down. When comparing, all of our olines are poo poo and i'd take our skill positions over all of theirs.

Defense tho? They gotta prove it. Till they do, gimme the Texans. This time next year im pretty sure this answer will be the jags tho! Sooo many new parts on d make it a lot harder to call than last year too.
Offense, with some continued steady growth, yes - Defense is still only on paper. They will have to prove themselves before they get the glory of best in the AFC.
On paper it would seem..but lets see some dubyas to go with it.
Quote:I know but our overall team is better on paper..
that's just it on paper. The Texans have had an outstanding defense for many years. Lets wait and see if these guys get to that level.
On defense we just have potential. Caldwell is correct. We have a lot of good individual players, but they need to learn to play together. We'll see if the paper holds true to reality.
Let ya know in little over 4 months until then its just potential and well I have always had a pocketful of that.
On paper.

I am going to have to stop reading these posts and ban myself from all Jaguars related content until the end of July. I get so pumped up that it bothers me there isn't a game this Sunday. I have not been this exited for a Jaguars season since 2008/2009. This season should be our breakout year on both sides of the ball. 

I'm optimistic, but until they play a down, they are the worst D in the league! It's time to earn it, starting now!
I think that by the end of the year, actually just a few weeks in, we will know this to be true.

Could have is more accurate.

If Gipson is as good as we hope, Jackson plays up to his contract, Fowler and Ramsey live up to their draft status, Jack can stay healthy and play to his potential and our situational guys can make an impact we are the best defense in the afc south. Otherwise Texans.

If we can keep up the standard of last year, bortles can reduce the turnovers and the line can step up to get the run game going with ivory giving us a short yardage game. We are the best offense in the afc south, otherwise it's a damn close tie, Texans and colts both have lots of ifs on offense too.

Either way too many ifs right now
We gon be the diggity bomb yo.

Pages: 1 2