Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 5 Reasons NOT to...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
....Jump on the Jaguars' playoff bandwagon, according to USA Today.

I thought I was going to read something along the lines of temper the draft excitement or something, but right off the bat they started bashing Bortles.

Quote: 

He's still uncomfortable standing in the pocket and going through his reads.  At the first hint of pressure --- real or imagined --- Bortles' first instinct is to tuck the ball and run rather than keeping his eyes down field and his feet in position to throw.

Now am I wrong when I say they have mistaken Gabbert for Bortles!?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/jackson...l-playoffs

Bwahahahaha.

Click bait for a trash writer.
Maybe he watched 2011-2012 Jaguars game film instead of 2015

Yeah pretty sure we had some of the most 20+ yard completions so I think it is safe to say Bortles is looking down the field.
Yea I ain't clicking that one based on his Bortles blurb.
We just learned Bklynjags real name is Steve Ruiz.
The only thing worth mentioning in that "article" is the question mark on Bradley.  I'm sure most of you know how I feel about him, so at least he is being somewhat subjective; however, he shows his bias about Bortles because I think he is scared he will be the next big thing.  35 TD's and 4K yards for a young second year QB, and he writes trash like that?  Unbelievable...

The OP should've put this in the other thread debating the love from the media.  This is more like the nonsense usually reported by the media about the Jags and our franchise.  I guess this just means that there is a thread for both types of emotions for fans.  This is the negative attention thread to feel good about the team and the positive attention thread is for those that want to feel bad about the team because the media has changed their opinion and they just want to be different.

Quote:The only thing worth mentioning in that "article" is the question mark on Bradley.  I'm sure most of you know how I feel about him, so at least he is being somewhat subjective; however, he shows his bias about Bortles because I think he is scared he will be the next big thing.  35 TD's and 4K yards for a young second year QB, and he writes trash like that?  Unbelievable...

And highlights one play in the final game of the year. A game in which Joeckel played perhaps the worst game for any tackle in team history. 
they could have highlighted all the plays from the Final game last year. 

Quote:We just learned Bklynjags real name is Steve Ruiz.

That's funny !!
He's still uncomfortable standing in the pocket and going through his reads.  At the first hint of pressure --- real or imagined --- Bortles' first instinct is to tuck the ball and run rather than keeping his eyes down field and his feet in position to throw.

<span>Well, this couldn't be more false. Bortles will run, but he doesn't perceive "phantom pressure" at all. There'a few things Bortles needs to improve upon, but pocket presence isn't one of them. </span>

Quote:We just learned Bklynjags real name is Steve Ruiz.

Welppp
Quote:That's funny !!

Wouldn't that sound like an article he would write though?
Sounds like a horrible article and dont want to give them a click...

Lol, I posted the link to this article on another thread, and I got bashed.  lol

The only things the article got right is that it can't be counted on that Gus is a good coach and that we can't be sure the pass rush will be a lot better.

The AFCS is treading water outside of Jacksonville, I don't think anyone is banking on rookies to carry the defense, and Bortles is the real deal, anyone still questioning his ability at this point is just trying to stir the pot.

Sorry... but when your QB throws for 4400 yards and manages to throw 35 TDs and 18 INT's. That doesn't really scream to me or say to me that he's "timid in the pocket and his first instinct is to tuck the football and run". That's completely inaccurate. He's been sacked over 100 times in less than 30 career starts. He's thrown for over 7,000 yards and 40 TD's in less than 30 career starts. That tells me nearly the complete opposite. I see it as him NOT running ENOUGH. That he's standing in the pocket TOO much and taking hits and making the throws he's supposed to make. He's made some mistakes like a lot of young quarterbacks do but he's also shown the balls to hang tough in the pocket and throw it up to his playmakers to make just that, a play.

Quote:Lol, I posted the link to this article on another thread, and I got bashed. lol

Because it's you.
Quote:Lol, I posted the link to this article on another thread, and I got bashed.  lol

Well, you have to remember that certain posters come on here only to bash, and bash they do.
Pages: 1 2