Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Too much attention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.businessinsider.com/jacksonvi...aft-2016-5

I post the above to represent the amount of johnny come latelies to this team since the draft. A team who just went 5-11 a year ago and hasn't won anything in a long time. This is dangerous. I feel like we're being set up for failure. This is a young team and they don't need the distraction or pressure that this type of attention creates. We made hollywood moves in the draft for the first time ever maybe. Usually the type of moves we made are only made by teams like Dallas and New York that are blockbuster and grab headlines. Now everyone wants to be "the first" to predict a Jacksonville playoff berth. 

Quote:http://www.businessinsider.com/jacksonvi...aft-2016-5

I post the above to represent the amount of johnny come latelies to this team since the draft. A team who just went 5-11 a year ago and hasn't won anything in a long time. This is dangerous. I feel like we're being set up for failure. This is a young team and they don't need the distraction or pressure that this type of attention creates. We made hollywood moves in the draft for the first time ever maybe. Usually the type of moves we made are only made by teams like Dallas and New York that are blockbuster and grab headlines. Now everyone wants to be "the first" to predict a Jacksonville playoff berth. 

Two words my friend, "enjoy it', yea there's a lot of attention but it's all positive, that should make Jag fans feel happy. Isn't about time?
I'd rather get it after we start actually winning, not before.

Anything short of the playoffs is failure..  Anything short of the Superbowl misses the goal.  

This team needs and deserves to win.  No johnny-come-lately here man..  a long-suffering and patient fan.  

We SHOULD win…  if we don't…  it is on Gus Bradley for not being 'enough' coach.  It takes one heckuva lot more than just talent and players…  too many around here don't understand that part of the game.

I mean, who cares? I'm not trying to be snide either, I was just thinking about this earlier today. Bad teams and bad news occur every year in the NFL. So we have bandwagon fans that will welp themselves after the first loss, so what? They'll be easy to identify, it'll be easy to prove they're not diehards, and should the Jags ultimately suck again this year, then most of the bandwagon fans will just dissipate into thin air as if they never existed.

I'm glad we got some people jumping on board finally. If nothing else, the stadium will be a little louder this year.
Calm down man. This team will be relying on a lot of rookies and new starters. It will take time to jell. Remember the offense in 2014 when they were all rookies? It is not going to happen overnight, probably this year. To expect playoffs or bust when you have at least 4 rookies you will be depending heavily on and about 6 new starters altogether, and that's just in the base package, is silly and just setting yourself up for disappointment. If Gus only wins 6 games he should get the boot, maybe even at only 7, but if he is 8-8 with this team he should definitely be allowed to play out the final year of his contract.

There is a reason dave and gus went offense first. It is hard to build a explosive offense than it is to create a dominating defense. I'm not tempering anything, hence the reason why i like what telvin did, make the team accountable. They have to start believing in the now rather than later. Why not us they weren't talking about Carolina like the next best thing even after the first few wins. While the rest of the world doubted them and waited for them to fall back to their preconceived reality the the panthers believed in themselves forcing everyone else to take them serious. So you speak so becomes your reality.
Quote:http://www.businessinsider.com/jacksonvi...aft-2016-5

What sets the team up for failure is an extreme lack of talent, the sort that Gene Smith left us with.

Now, this team has talent.

It has proven talent on the offensive side of the ball-proven enough so that people have high expectations for that group.

It has a lot of proven and potential talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Having outsiders acknowledge the talent we finally have doesn't set the team up for failure.

Quote:I'd rather get it after we start actually winning, not before.
couldnt agree more
Quote:Two words my friend, "enjoy it', yea there's a lot of attention but it's all positive, that should make Jag fans feel happy. Isn't about time?

Exactly. Since JDR was our coach every MB poster complained about the national disrespect and lack of attention outside of Jacksonville. You wanted respect through the media. Now you have it. Why are you complaining?

The idea that we are being set up for failure is total nonsense. What the media says has nothing to do with what happens on the field. Only the Jaguars control what the Jaguars do. If we lose more than eight games, it is our fault.
Quote:Exactly. Since JDR was our coach every MB poster complained about the national disrespect and lack of attention outside of Jacksonville. You wanted respect through the media. Now you have it. Why are you complaining?

The idea that we are being set up for failure is total nonsense. What the media says has nothing to do with what happens on the field. Only the Jaguars control what the Jaguars do. If we lose more than eight games, it is our fault.

Nailed it. Everyone on here complains about the lack of media attention the Jags get. Now once we get it, they find a way to spin it into a bad thing. I for one, am enjoying every second of it.
I dont want to see this team break under pressure
Quote:I dont want to see this team break under pressure

The only pressure this team feels is in its own building.
Quote:I dont want to see this team break under pressure

Sorry for the "spoiler alert" but you have being seeing that for the past few years bro.

EDIT:  On topic though, I love the media attention.  It just shows that opinions are truly like.....everybody has one and what comes out can change based on what's feed to them that they like and/or want.  Anyway, I'm just happy that I don't have to come online just to find out Jags information and can get off work, cut on NFLN, and BOOM, Jaguars discussion.