Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dante Fowler is down to 255 Lbs/was 270 when we drafted him
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
David Caldwell has mentioned this a couple times in the last day or so on multiple radio shows, the plan was to get Dante down into the 250-255 range which should make him more explosive (he was already extremely explosive at 270). With all additions to this roster, I'm most excited to see Dante explode off the edge this year. Greg Cosell compared him to Justin Houston, if he becomes the player that Justin Houston is look out!

He had a bit of baby fat on him when we drafted him (he was at 265 Iirc from combine measurement). If he's trimmed down and in better shape, then it bodes well for him at the LEO.

Maybe helps add some speed to his game?

Playing a little lighter should help his quickness (which wasn't bad) and also take some stress off the knee.

Looking forward to seeing Fowler more than anyone this year.
I honestly believe that the injury may have benefitted him. He has had a whole year to fine tune is body to the Jaguars liking. Cant wait to see him peform
Coming from a long time Gator fan, I was excited that the Jags selected Flower last year. Extremely explosive and became a fantastic leader as well.

He played everywhere on the front 7 for Florida. Him and Jack are going to be scary for opposing teams. For the first time in a long time I believe the Jags have a very solid team and can contend. Flower should be a part of this Defense that in two or three years will be the best in the AFC if not the NFL
Quote:I honestly believe that the injury may have benefitted him. He has had a whole year to fine tune is body to the Jaguars liking. Cant wait to see him peform

Agreed. Typically a player is out 8 or 9 months with the injury, comes back and plays somewhat poorly, and then the 2nd year back he's right back on track. But with Dante having over 15 months since the injury until the season starts, he should be good to go out of the gate.

Quote:He had a bit of baby fat on him when we drafted him (he was at 265 Iirc from combine measurement). If he's trimmed down and in better shape, then it bodes well for him at the LEO.

Agreed. That combine pic was a tad on the pudgy side ; ). I noticed the leaner look in elevatorgate. Lemme stop.

Serious note, anything that helps.
Yup, very beneficial, it's a wonder every player doesn't tear an ACL to start their rookie campaign!

Quote:Agreed. Typically a player is out 8 or 9 months with the injury, comes back and plays somewhat poorly, and then the 2nd year back he's right back on track. But with Dante having over 15 months since the injury until the season starts, he should be good to go out of the gate.

This is true. I believe they'll be extremely sparing with him during OTAs (or kept out of contact entirely) and use training camp to start true evaluation, sparingly still, targeting September to put him in live action.
He was 260 when we drafted him.

Also can I get links to these radio interviews?

Quote:He was 260 when we drafted him.

Also can I get links to these radio interviews?

https://audioboom.com/boos/4520838-05-04...d-caldwell

This is an interview with Mike Florio (PFT), he also gave a similar interview to Bob Papa of sirius XM.
I read the thread title as saying he was down to 225 and got a bit concerned
He already looked eplosive. Kinda scary to think of all the potential speed on this defense.
He already looked eplosive. Kinda scary to think of all the potential speed on this defense.
Quote:I honestly believe that the injury may have benefitted him. He has had a whole year to fine tune is body to the Jaguars liking. Cant wait to see him peform
I thought this as well the day it happened... I was like meh, prolly weren't making the playoffs this year and now he has the learning curve and a stronger knee
The injury benefitting fowler is about the dumbest thing I've heard. Yes, the injury isn't a career ended or anything like that, but there are far faaaar more negatives than positives here
Quote:Yup, very beneficial, it's a wonder every player doesn't tear an ACL to start their rookie campaign!

I laughed hard
Quote:I laughed hard

I hear that can be rather dangerous.
Pages: 1 2