Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who has more picks: Ramsey or Jack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which rookie do you think will have more INTs this season? Jack or Ramsey. I'm going with Jack because I think he will be challenged more over the middle. Ramsey will be challenged as well, but I don't think he will capitalize. More of a PBU playmaker
oooh! hmmm! i am going to say... hunh! i dont know. Thats tough. What is.. 91% corn???
Alright. Seriously. Ramsey. Ramsey with 5 and Jack with 2
If Ramsey picks off 5 balls his rookie year he wins DROY easily and enters 2017 as a guy being talked about as a potential DPOY. While I think its possible, and I definitely think he gets more picks than Myles, I dont think 5 picks in his rookie year is likely to happen for young Jalen. 

Edit: I do think one of these two guys is gonna win DROY this year. I hope its Myles so he can rub it in the face of every front office in the NFL. 

When I saw this thread, the 1st thing that came to mind was Jarius Byrd getting , I believe, 9 picks in his rookie year. Of course he is a FS, but I just couldnt help but think (almost like a litmus) that if Byrd got 9 then Ramsey can def come away from his rookie season with 4 or 5. Ima say 5 tho.

(But yeah, u gotta love to root for Myles too)
These 2 new Jags keep putting me in the mind of Sapp/Brooks. Completely different I know, but if they become players that help to have us in the hunt year in year out; outta the same draft class, we'd begin to see some of the similarities of a championship draft. I forget who else got drafted from Tampa that year, but lemme see...

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/draft/1995'>http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/draft/1995</a>

...Actually, that draft is exactly like the one we just had. Except they had 2 sevens and 8 picks and we had 2 sixes with 7 picks.

But other than that...
Good call on Jairus' rookie season. That guy was going to be a monster if not for the back injury, and he's still pretty darn good even with the surgery he did have. Ramsey doesn't have anywhere near those ball skills, same as Byrd isn't nearly as athletic.

I'll still peg Jalen at right around 2 picks his rookie year. If his college career is any indication, I'm sure he's gonna have to spend some time getting rid of those cinder blocks he has for hands, that is if he's gonna have any shot at nearly doubling his college INT production in his rookie year in the NFL.
Jalen Ramsey's first pick will be his Jersey number as he tweeted out Lol wow smh, and I did NOT pick that trust me haha, Not For Long- @JalenRamsey

Ramsey’s number could possibly be changed before the season, but will be No. 38 when offseason workouts began later this month.

Considering Jalen Ramsey had 0 Interceptions last season and only 3 in 3 years, while Myles Jack had 4 & he didn't really play much his last season (3 games) so based on that one would think that odds favor Myles Jack over Jalen Ramsey.

I am going to flip a coin and say Jalen Ramsey because he will be tested as a rookie & I expect he lets the NFL QBs know why it is a bad idea this year.

Jalen Ramsey 5 interceptions (career high & Rookie of the Year), while Myles Jack gets 3.

Keep in mind Richard Sherman (whom many figure Jalen Ramsey's role is similar in the similar Seattle Cover 3 Defense at corner) had 4 INTs his rookie year.

Peters had what? 8 last year?

I could see Ramsey getting 4 or so.

Maybe 2 for Jack
We have been at the bottom of of the barrel in interceptions the past few years. I would love to see 2 or 3 a piece just from those 2 guys.

If I had to guess I would say Jack wins with 3.
I'll go with jack. Jalen may drop more ints than he catches.
Jack with more INTs but Ramsey with more Tipped Balls/Deflections.

Jack will have 0-1 pick and Ramsey will have 1-2 

Ramsey would have to have better hands in game to accomplish that.
Ramsey will have more.

Quote:We have been at the bottom of of the barrel in interceptions the past few years. I would love to see 2 or 3 a piece just from those 2 guys.

If I had to guess I would say Jack wins with 3.
This is 100% my thoughts.

Obviously we'd all love to see as many as possible from both.
Its no question Ramsey... with more than one in the end zone.