Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Things changed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking 4-12 before on the jags this year,but now im going to change that to something else. No prediction until i see team play togather. I talked to a friend via text messege whos a jags fan lives in Jacksoville. He opened my eyes back up.  On paper Jags had the best draft of any team this year,and probbey the best draft by any Jags team but at same time he said hes not going to make any judgement call until he sees the players,and team play togather. that makes sense. I agree with this person yes on paper we are better,but paper means nothing,its whats done on the field. on paper the jags should be a much improved team this year,but we have to take in to account injurys,and all that. so until we have gone though preseason im changeing my prediction to lets wait,and see what team looks like on the field.

Hmmmmm. Read my cautious optomism post from 10 minutes ago.

You're thinking like I am
Stinking thinking makes your brain smell bad, stay positive & hopefully the Jaguars have a good run this year.

Ross Tucker had said on NFL Radio that he predicts that the Jaguars will win the AFC South this year.  He feels that the Titans aren't really there yet, and that the Colts are declining despite having Andrew Luck as their QB.  He feels the Texans will probably be the Jaguars biggest competition with winning their division.

I think he underestimates how good the Titans might be this year (I expect Titans to get 6 wins to maybe 8, which isn't a lot but in the AFC South could be 2nd place).  I think the Colts are going to do far worse than most predict this year I only expect them to get maybe 4 wins and be at the bottom.  As far as the Texans, it all depends on their new QB but I think they only get 6 to 9 wins this year.

As far as the Jaguars it could be another 4 win year, or Gus could really get involved with his new DC and best friend to help bring this defense along & with the influx of talent the team could win 12 games this year...

It really all depends on luck, remaining healthy, not causing turnovers or dumb penalties, & the biggest part is getting the entire team to put the effort in & not just the elite guys.

Hopefuly none of our players get hurt this year in pratices like folwer jr. did last season. Injurys always play a key part for teams doing bad or good.  

4-12? I am curious on how you came to this prediction.  This one fewer win than they had last season, while losing no significant players, getting Fowler and Marks back, the most cap room, and the #5 pick in the draft  I realize the schedule is tougher next year but is the schedule that much harder to negate all the improvements and result in a negative 1 game for their record?

Quote:As far as the Texans, it all depends on their new QB but I think they only get 6 to 9 wins this year.
6-10

7-9

8-8

9-7

Way to go out on a limb.
Some on here are the most pessimistic bunch. I guess their part of the because its Jacksonville click.
I'll settle for the AFC South crown this year even if it means getting blown out in a Wildcard game.

Quote:4-12? I am curious on how you came to this prediction. This one fewer win than they had last season, while losing no significant players, getting Fowler and Marks back, the most cap room, and the #5 pick in the draft I realize the schedule is tougher next year but is the schedule that much harder to negate all the improvements and result in a negative 1 game for their record?

It's the Flat Gus Effect.
Quote:4-12? I am curious on how you came to this prediction.  This one fewer win than they had last season, while losing no significant players, getting Fowler and Marks back, the most cap room, and the #5 pick in the draft  I realize the schedule is tougher next year but is the schedule that much harder to negate all the improvements and result in a negative 1 game for their record?

simple answer i was still feeling the let down of last seasons missing out on 6-10. i was so sure of that,and the team let me down by going 5-11. I'm sure a lot of you here rember me saying 6-10 last year. anyways i talked to a great friend,and he reminded me of something. its way to early for predictions so im not saying 4-12 right now. Now i have changed it to wait until i see team play.
Shoot, every year we all start off optimistic, and every year we are let down and disappointed. Its been a hard knock life for us Jag fans.. Year, after year, after year of crap... Ya, show me something and I will get excited for real...

I think they'll get somewhere between 0-20 wins this year.

Just a guess.
Nah man. It's too late. The damage is done. The boat has sailed away. Pandora doesn't go back into the box. It only comes out and stays out.

JK. Glad to have you back man.

thanks i guess once players are on the field we will know what we have. espailley when we play our first game that counts vs packers.

Quote:I was thinking 4-12 before on the jags this year,but now im going to change that to something else. No prediction until i see team play togather. I talked to a friend via text messege whos a jags fan lives in Jacksoville. He opened my eyes back up.  On paper Jags had the best draft of any team this year,and probbey the best draft by any Jags team but at same time he said hes not going to make any judgement call until he sees the players,and team play togather. that makes sense. I agree with this person yes on paper we are better,but paper means nothing,its whats done on the field. on paper the jags should be a much improved team this year,but we have to take in to account injurys,and all that. so until we have gone though preseason im changeing my prediction to lets wait,and see what team looks like on the field.

Exactly/
Well here are your reasons to be optimistic.One the jags havent had fast playmakers on defense in a looong timee! If you take the time to remember, last year we were in a lot of games... The kicker lost 2 games by himself.. Blake lost 2 and the Center cost us like 2..the jags at the very least should have won 8 games last year... Hell we should have beat the Panthers in the first game.. My point is the jags competed and played pretty well with a bad defense without their first rounder..

This year we have added Malik Jackson a beast inside... We get Marks and Fowler back! We added a Pro bowl Free Safety in Gipson which jags have never had.. We drafted the most athletic players in the draft! I can go on and on... When you add quality talent you get quality results... Not only that but there is depth on this team. I gurantee 10 wins this season..
Quote:I'll settle for the AFC South crown this year even if it means getting blown out in a Wildcard game.
Yeah, I like the sound of AFC South Champions, but I think the day of the blowouts should be gone for a little while. This team should at the very least be in every single game this year including the playoffs if we get there. 
Sounds like puberty.

But, I only read thread title.