Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Myles Jack on special teams?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just imagine his versatility on special teams, fake punt run with him,reverses, maybe a gunner, hard to say what the plan is but the kid had unlimited potential if he stays healthy.
I'd rather not...
Quote:I'd rather not...
I'm with you. No way he sniffs special teams...
lol

"Hey blue chip LB who can play multiple positions, guard WRs and TEs and greatly improve the defense.... Go run down this punt return. K Thanks!"

Is it that unusual for star players to play special teams? Sometimes they do. Maybe he won't because his medical concerns but i wouldn't be surprised to see him on a few plays here and there.
This is one of two things

(1) another dumb post on this board from someone who seemingly doesn't "football"

(2) another dumb jibe at Gus' comments about players and their special teams abilities (McCray and Gratzy, iirc)

With knee concerns already there I would not want him on special teams at all.
Seems crazy but Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman play special teams for Seattle.

Onside kicks maybe. That's about it
Quote:Seems crazy but Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman play special teams for Seattle.
And imagine how crushed Pete would get if one of them got hurt chasing down a kick return......

Uh no.
Lets......not.

Wouldn't mind him being out there sparingly like when we are attempting to block punts, which he did in college.

Quote:This is one of two things

(1) another dumb post on this board from someone who seemingly doesn't "football"

(2) another dumb jibe at Gus' comments about players and their special teams abilities (McCray and Gratzy, iirc)
just because your opinion differs dosent make mine dumb. I'm not saying he's going to start of special teams im saying hes versatility and unique skill set affords him to play many plays for us in different roles barring they feel he is healthy. When you have a linebacker with the speed of a running back that creates some interesting options.
No thanks! Maybe a trick play and have him be a holder or something lol j/k.

GO JAGS!!

Quote:just because your opinion differs dosent make mine dumb. I'm not saying he's going to start of special teams im saying hes versatility and unique skill set affords him to play many plays for us in different roles barring they feel he is healthy. When you have a linebacker with the speed of a running back that creates some interesting options.
Interesting...

so you really want our brand new do-it-all LB with a "time bomb" for a knee to play on what is perceived as the most dangerous plays in football. Kick returns.

It is possible to have a dumb opinion.

Why don't we throw Ramsey and Fowler on STs too. They can block punts and all sorts of stuff with their athleticism.
I'm thinking no extra wear and tear of special teams

Are we finish or are ya'll done?

Just Wow
His knee will definitely explode.
Pages: 1 2 3 4