Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ted Cruz and John Kasich suspend their campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/04/john-kasi...-news.html

Ted Cruz suspended his campaign last night, and John Kasich announced today (after announcing yesterday he would remain in) that he would be suspending his campaign as well.  

Time to unite behind this guy

[Image: trump_flicker_face_yess.jpg]

[Image: efESNCN.jpg]

Quote:Time to unite behind this guy

[Image: trump_flicker_face_yess.jpg]

Clearly a winner after what he just did to the establishment.

It's a shame people can't appreciate a winner.
Quote:Clearly a winner after what he just did to the establishment.

It's a shame people can't appreciate a winner.

lol ... getting a minority of the minority party to vote for you = winner.

The New Math.
Quote:lol ... getting a minority of the minority party to vote for you = winner.

The New Math.

I wouldn't call the republican party the "minority party".

Welp, I guess we need to plan for President Hillary.   :mellow:
Some of you guys won't give Don the credit he deserves until his inauguration day. Even then you will be fighting it.

He has been defying the odds since June and people try their hardest to convince themselves that Hillary is a stronger candidate than she actually is.

There is a great chance Hillary gets absolutely crushed. She looks a little sickly these days. I wonder how her health is to be honest.
I think Trump loses regardless of who the dems put up tbh. 

Quote:Some of you guys won't give Don the credit he deserves until his inauguration day. Even then you will be fighting it.

He has been defying the odds since June and people try their hardest to convince themselves that Hillary is a stronger candidate than she actually is.

There is a great chance Hillary gets absolutely crushed. She looks a little sickly these days. I wonder how her health is to be honest.

I'll give him the credit that he deserves.  He accomplished his objective.  All the democrat party has to do is coronate nominate Hillary and the White House is her residence once again.
Quote:Some of you guys won't give Don the credit he deserves until his inauguration day. Even then you will be fighting it.

Trump has certainly surprised me, or least the GOP has.  I am still amazed that he has garnered the amount of support from the Republican base that he has. Kudos to him.

As for the possibility that Hillary gets "crushed," I don't think the new demography of the US and the way the electoral map is lining up will make that even remotely a reality. Maybe if she is indicted, MAYBE.  I mean, Nixon won the 2nd largest landslide in the 20th century during the Watergate investigation.

The real question now is whether the GOP circles the wagons or if we see a fissure in the party.  Should be interesting
Quote:Trump has certainly surprised me, or least the GOP has.  I am still amazed that he has garnered the amount of support from the Republican base that he has. Kudos to him.

As for the possibility that Hillary gets "crushed," I don't think the new demography of the US and the way the electoral map is lining up will make that even remotely a reality. Maybe if she is indicted, MAYBE.  I mean, Nixon won the 2nd largest landslide in the 20th century during the Watergate investigation.

The real question now is whether the GOP circles the wagons or if we see a fissure in the party.  Should be interesting

What will be interesting to me is how Trump will go about trying to broaden his base without appearing to be just another politician.

There is talk about him announcing his cabinet, to reassure those who think he may be an impulsive loon. But if those people are some of the same old same old aren't some of his most enthusiastic supporters going to be disappointed? And who will be his VP candidate?

You know anyone with eyes on the nomination for 2020 hopes Trump gets stomped.

Talk Radio is pulling hard for Hillary. Much better for business.
Quote:http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/04/john-kasi...-news.html

Ted Cruz suspended his campaign last night, and John Kasich announced today (after announcing yesterday he would remain in) that he would be suspending his campaign as well.  

It makes you wonder if Kasich was in the race to help out Donald Trump since he quit after Ted Cruz had... another conspiracy theory (That I don't believe but it is funny to read).
It's amazing to see a few posters who think the worst-run campaign in recent history could ever compete with (much less win against) perhaps the best-run campaign in recent history.  Hillary is as flawed a candidate as I've ever seen.  She needs a 200-car train to carry all her baggage.