Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our most exciting player?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just a couple of seasons ago if I'd asked "who is our most exciting player?" we would have had a short list to choose from, but now there are all sorts of potential superstars on our roster....

So, which player are you most excited about watching? Who is going to electrify the cloud with his performances this season and make the plays which make you stand up in your seat?

I'm really excited to see Jack play. He has elite cover skills for a linebacker.
I hope Fowler, Jack and Ramsey take turns wowing in all 3 levels and push each other.

I think the D as a whole is going to be exciting. The heart of our linebacking corps will sip throughout the pitch. Telvin, Poz, Jack...immeasurable passion.
I'm always excited to see ARob play but I feel like he is too easy a choice.

I'm kind of excited to see Yeldon on offense. I wanna see what he can really do. 

On defense, I'm excited to see what House/Gipson can do with an improved pass rush.

Bortles

well i'm happy to say this isn't as easy to figure out as it use to be. at least to narrow down one person. I still love watching Allen Robinson, he was the one guy who stood out more than anyone to me last year and im pumped to see whats in store this year. Bortles is also up there on my list, the improvements he made last year were awesome and i hope for more of the same this season.

some other players im anxious to see are our draft picks obviously, but that happens every year for me. Ramsey especially being that i am an FSU fan. i can't wait to see him and Telvin rockin the jags uniforms, i would be lying if i said it wasnt a dream come true lol. 

i am also really anxious to see how chris Ivory does and what sort of impact he has on the offensive side of the ball. We already had quite a few weapons to compliment our passing game, but had a obvious lack of a run game which may be solved with him,

all the FA acquisitions on the defense are also up there on my list. Jackson, Gipson, and Prince should make a a huge difference. 

Quote:I hope Fowler, Jack and Ramsey take turns wowing in all 3 levels and push each other.

I think the D as a whole is going to be exciting. The heart of our linebacking corps will sip throughout the pitch. Telvin, Poz, Jack...immeasurable passion.
forgot about fowler. certainly looking forward to see him at the NFL level.
To me its all about Bortles, good and bad, He at least makes it exciting to see. but honestly this whole team now, will the offense grow and become more consistent?  How will the defense gel with both the new FA additions and rookies?  Hopefully good times ahead

Dante Fowler and Myles Jack! Duuuval
Alualu
Carson Tinker. I mean, have you seen the way he snaps the ball? Give me tingles all over. <3

Quote:To me its all about Bortles, good and bad, He at least makes it exciting to see. but honestly this whole team now, will the offense grow and become more consistent?  How will the defense gel with both the new FA additions and rookies?  Hopefully good times ahead
it's crazy to think that more than half of our Defense will be people who have never played a down for the jaguars. It's going to be awesome to watch. With how terrible they were last year, it's refreshing to see such a massive overhaul to get a good D back in jacksonville. I can only hope we never get ourself into a position were we can score 40+ points and still lose a game because our Defense is letting up more points to a rookie QB who is coached by mike mularky. that was a sad day to be a jaguar fan
also interested to see if McCray can get back out there. I thought he was good two years ago and was surprised to see him fall completely out of the picture last year.

Quote:Alualu

Luke Joeckel

Every opposing DE/DT/OLB/DPR is hella excited when they have to face him

As such, most exciting
Quote:also interested to see if McCray can get back out there. I thought he was good two years ago and was surprised to see him fall completely out of the picture last year.

No space for him

If you keep 10 DBs (max), count em...
Well for me, Myles Jack.   Assuming he's healthy, from what I've heard and read about him, we haven't ever had a player at that position with that particular skill set.   Excited?   I'll be pretty excited if we can cover a TE for the first time in our history.   Or if we can get off the field on 3rd down, that will get me pretty excited. 

Quote:Alualu

Long Live Alfie

its gotta be Jack . the jags have needed a lb that can cover te for so long.

Blake Bortles. So much fun to watch a competitive QB
Quote:No space for him

If you keep 10 DBs (max), count em...
Holy crap, i just did. i knew we picked up a few but i had no idea we got as many as we did. Here it the list i got, red are the one im sure are gonna make it, blue are rookies and uncolored are the ones im not sure about.

Aaron Colvin-CB 

Johnathan Cyprien-S

Davon House-CB

Prince Amukamara-CB

Jalen Ramsey-CB/S

Tashaun Gipson-S

James Sample-S

Briean Boddy-Calhon-CB minnisota

Chance Casey-CB 1 year Bayor

Josh Evans-S

Dwayane Gratz-CB

Mike Hilton-CB misissippi

Josh Johnson-CB 1 year Perdue

Craig Loston-S 3 years louisiana state

Nick Marshall-CB

Demitri McCray-CB

Rashaad Reynolds-CB 2years Oregon state

Peyton Thompson-CB 2 years san jose

Jarood Wilson-S Michigan

Earl Wolff-SS 3 years NC state

i mean thats 13 CB's and 6 Safties. If McCray does make the cut he will have proved it through a gauntlet.  all in all i am very happy we have as much competition as we do now.

edit:added if they were rookies and where they came from if they are new to the team. i think the rookie's have a little better odds of making the cut or at least making the practice squad, the others are going to have their work cut out for them.

Pages: 1 2 3