Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dave, the man, myth legend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Give him an extension. Personel wise he has been unbelievable. To have built this roster how he has. Regardless of what happens this year I absolutely do not want him leaving Jacksonville in the foreseeable future.

This is not a 1 draft reaction, the building the last 3 years has been excellent. I really hope he's given the chance to move the franchise even further forward now that needs on the team are really low

Dave, you are a legend
Dave is not going anywhere. Shad can write a bigger check than most.
Able to turn Blaine Gabbert into an actual draft pick.
He's great. Besides the 13 draft, which some said could have been historically bad, he's been amazing.
Agreed. Caldwell has to remain here. If we fail in 2016 I feel it's up to Caldwell to clean house and seek another coaching staff capable of leading actual talent.

Quote:Able to turn Blaine Gabbert into an actual draft pick.
That has to be one of his bigger achievements but Luke Joeckel as one of his biggest failures.

I could have said HC Gus Bradley, but my fingers crossed I'm not ready to give up on the guy... hopefully this year he gets it right.

Quote:That has to be one of his bigger achievements but Luke Joeckel as one of his biggest failures.

I could have said HC Gus Bradley, but my fingers crossed I'm not ready to give up on the guy... hopefully this year he gets it right.

With this much talent, I could lead them to 9-7.
Quote:Able to turn Blaine Gabbert into an actual draft pick.
How about getting a 6th for a kicker they were going to cut anyways
Dave is the MAN

we should probably wait to see how the season goes before declaring him the best GM on Earth

Quote:He's great. Besides the 13 draft, which some said could have been historically bad, he's been amazing.

I think that in some ways, the quality of the 2013 Draft Class just proves his effectiveness. Even if you state that Dave had a bad '13 draft regardless of the talent level, then it means that he has pretty much overhauled a team within a three year period and maintained the highest Cap number (most room to go until you hit the cap) in the League.
Earned my Respek!
If Gus goes after the '16 season, Dave isn't going anywhere.  We can't really ask for a better GM.

Quote:That has to be one of his bigger achievements but Luke Joeckel as one of his biggest failures.

When we made the pick, Joeckel was the consensus "Best LT in the draft". Any team with a home there would've picked him at #2. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Also, that whole draft was pretty crappy.
That '13 draft was gnarly bad.

Oakland's entire draft was just as bad as ours.

Think I read 12 5th year options were not picked up on first rounders.

Essentially,  12 teams "missed" on their first round picks.

Sure you can point to a few players... ansah, D Hop, Lacy....

but for the most part that '13 draft was void of elite talent.

Caldwell as a rookie GM did what he could.

And those 2013 band-aids are all pulled off (or about to be).

Wasn't there a post on here a few weeks ago that had Dave ranked #26 for GM's?  (It was a very stupid post as well....)

He should be getting a extension soon.