Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Night Is Always Darkest Before The Dawn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets :Lay out the cold hard facts.

-The Jags Haven't had a winning season since 2007

-After the Horrific Gene Smith Era we are now in the Soft Serve sloppy era of Gus.

-The Jags have won 12 games in the Past 3 seasons

-The Jags have won a combined 3 games in the months of sept/oct combined in the Bradley era

-This past season may have been the worst Team defense in Jaguars History

There have been many who have jumped ship.  I applaud all  of the true fans who have stayed loyal to the team and not stray from the path.  It has been  not been easy being a Jacksonville Jaguar Fan the last 8 years or so but I have a feeling the tide is turning.

The Jags in my opinion had a really good free agency.  Combine Free Agency with a dynamic draft with players becoming healthy has the arrow pointing straight up.the  I personally believe bright days are ahead. :thumbsup:

Look, I get it. It's been "in" to hate Gus Bradley and make stupid ice cream jokes. But that's going to change this season. With the revamped defense and the strong offense that we've been waiting for since the beginning of the Caldwell era, this team can really take off.

I still can't believe we have Fowler, Ramsey, Jack, Gipson, Jackson and Marks all on the same team.
Quote:I still can't believe we have Fowler, Ramsey, Jack, Gipson, Jackson and Marks all on the same team.

Don't forget Telvin
Quote:I still can't believe we have Fowler, Ramsey, Jack, Gipson, Jackson and Marks all on the same team.

And Amukamara
I can digg this. Lets finally reach dawn.

Pfft.... the Night is dark and full of terrors.

Quote:Don't forget Telvin
Holy cow, how did I forget Telvin!

Quote:Lets :Lay out the cold hard facts.

-After the Horrific Gene Smith Era we are now in the Soft Serve sloppy era of Gus.

-The Jags have won a combined 3 games in the months of sept/oct combined in the Bradley era

There have been many who have jumped ship.  I applaud all  of the true fans who have stayed loyal to the team and not stray from the path.  It has been  not been easy being a Jacksonville Jaguar Fan the last 8 years or so but I have a feeling the tide is turning.

The Jags in my opinion had a really good free agency.  Combine Free Agency with a dynamic draft with players becoming healthy has the arrow pointing straight up.the  I personally believe bright days are ahead. :thumbsup:
[Image: Iw9ygE2zFOEl.jpg]

Fact: all the good f/a and draft acquisition matters not one whit unless it results in superior performance on the field. I'll reserve my enthusiasm until I see the consistent results on the field during the regular season. All that can be said of our much vaunted player acquisition at this point is that they have a higher potential to make a difference. It remains to be seen if they actually will or not. We'll see.

I agree with your post except for the Bradley sentiment. Gus has been criticized for halftime adjustments, but isn't that the job of OC and DC to make the adjustments? Gus has made some bad challenges and Time management issues, but  I hear players that visit speak highly of Gus and how they want to play for him. I believe he will improve with experience and if he can keep the locker room in the bad times he will be great in the good times.

GO JAGS WINNING SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:I agree with your post except for the Bradley sentiment. Gus has been criticized for halftime adjustments, but isn't that the job of OC and DC to make the adjustments? Gus has made some bad challenges and Time management issues, but  I hear players that visit speak highly of Gus and how they want to play for him. I believe he will improve with experience and if he can keep the locker room in the bad times he will be great in the good times.

GO JAGS WINNING SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!
"adjustments"

How does one adjust talent?

Too much is made of "halftime adjustments".

It's about playing well, thinking fast, playing fast.

Here's what you can fault Gus for

bad challenges

bad no challenge

benching the wrong guy (I don't let him slide on benching House for McCray or Gratz, dumb)

You could even fault him for being "too nice" I guess, even though we don't see 90% of how he acts with the team.

It's hard for fans to have a feel good feeling when they lose so much and so horribly. And the fact that Gus keeps on smiling really irks fans. Fans what a Dennis Allen blow up press conference.

You can't fault Gus for not making Superstars out of Ace Sanders and Dwayne Gratz.

You can't fault Gus for Jacksonville's awful rosters of late.

At some point... the HC falls on the sword for bad teams. The fact that this regime has stuck through it with Gus is awesome. Give him the talent (which he seemingly has now, on both sides of the ball) and then judge his coaching.

Wade Phillips was ousted in Dallas for having really good teams and not getting to the playoffs/getting playoff victories.

Marvin Lewis wasn't ousted while Cincy had to rebuild from the Carson, Ochocinco, and Whosyomama days....

Now they have a perennial playoff team... if they don't win some eventually, he'll be gone.

Can't ask these coaches to make cake from crap.

But now that Gus has flour and sugar he can make a cake....

to go with all the ice cream.