Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jalen Ramsey- #1 in SI's Top 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/22/nfl-dra...ing-report

"The best way I can describe him to those who haven’t seen him is to imagine if you could go back and draft Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor at the same time ... and combine that talent into the same guy. That’s how good he can be."

"He plays like a cornerback, thinks like a safety, hits like a linebacker. That’s why I think he’s the best player in this draft class—he plays multiple positions at a very high level, and those positions are among the most important in the game. This isn’t a safety who can play box once in a while and move to the slot against slower receivers. This isn’t an outside cornerback who can hold his own in the slot once in a while. This is a starter-quality player at three distinct defensive positions right now. "

Ramsey was their number one player? And we got him at number five. Nice.

What about their second player?

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/21/myles-j...ing-report
Quote:Ramsey was their number one player? And we got him at number five. Nice.

What about their second player?

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/21/myles-j...ing-report

Yeah, we got their #1 rated player, I wonder who got their #2 rated player.  
I'm seriously still in shock over this. We drafted SI's first and second ranked players in the whole draft. Insane.
Quote:I'm seriously still in shock over this. We drafted SI's first and second ranked players in the whole draft. Insane.
And we only traded away a 5th round pick to do it. We still ended the draft with 7 draft picks.... Caldwell doing some work.

Caldwell does some great work with draft picks and trades for them. Getting picks for Scobee and Gabbert is something I doubt very few GM's could do.

Im not sure we will ever witness something of this nature ever again. What we watched go down thursday and friday will most likely never happen again where a team gets the two best players in a draft. Its still hard to believe 

Quote:http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/22/nfl-dra...ing-report

"The best way I can describe him to those who haven’t seen him is to imagine if you could go back and draft Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor at the same time ... and combine that talent into the same guy. That’s how good he can be."

"He plays like a cornerback, thinks like a safety, hits like a linebacker. That’s why I think he’s the best player in this draft class—he plays multiple positions at a very high level, and those positions are among the most important in the game. This isn’t a safety who can play box once in a while and move to the slot against slower receivers. This isn’t an outside cornerback who can hold his own in the slot once in a while. This is a starter-quality player at three distinct defensive positions right now. "
[Image: Baby-Black-Jaguars-Wallpaper-6FPbd.jpg]

That was a good write up on Jalen Ramsey!

I like this part..

He plays like a cornerback, thinks like a safety, hits like a linebacker.

I am ready to watch him dominate in the NFL!  He is like a baby Jaguar getting ready for a big growth spurt.

Sooooo... We have on the Jaguars squad, the number one ranked player and the number two ranked player.

We have them.

The Jaguars
Not to mention DT Sheldon Day whom many thought was a 2nd round pick..

Jacksonville Jaguars: A+

Jacksonville got both Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack, the two best players on my board. The Jaguars are making serious moves this offseason, putting themselves into contention for the AFC South title. General manager David Caldwell also landed defensive tackle Sheldon Day in the fourth round, a player some thought would go in the second. Bravo, Jaguars.

Jalen looked too fast for college competition, watching his tape he literally looks like a man among boys. Just faster and smoother than everyone else and its not even close.
Lol look at who #2 is. Wouldnt we be lucky to get the both of them