Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: On paper are we there best team in the AFC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We have a QB that can throw for almost 40 TDS

We have a RB that is capable of 1k rushing. We have a Pro Bowl RB

Our WRs are both 1k receivers with 10 TDs

Our defense has Jackson, Marks,Fowler,Poz,Smith,Jack,Ramsey,Amukamura,House and Gipson

Greene is an electrifying return man.

Myers can kick it from 60 (but not 30)

On paper where do you think we rank amongst the NFL?

Probably somewhere in the 14-18 range.

Teams above us, GB, DEN, NE, OAK, SEA, ARZ, PIT, CIN, KC, BUF, WAS?, MIN?, CAR, TB?, NO?

I know NOs roster is terrible but anytime you have Drew Breeus. They will be dangerous.

Hahaha no.
I'm hoping we can maybe crack 8-8 this season and you're think'en maybe we're the best in the AFC?... (hey bar keep... I'll have what she's drink'en).

Quote:Teams above us, GB, DEN, NE, OAK, SEA, ARZ, PIT, CIN, KC, BUF, WAS?, MIN?, CAR, TB?, NO?

I know NOs roster is terrible but anytime you have Drew Breeus. They will be dangerous.

The teams that you listed are not all AFC teams.  Look at the topic title and pay attention.

Quote:The teams that you listed are not all AFC teams.  Look at the topic title and pay attention.
Who power ranks the AFC? Is that just to make us feel better? Gives us a higher number to gawk at? So we are behind DEN, Oak, Pit, CIN, KC, Buf. What is that 7th, maybe behind Houston and the Jets debatable.7-9. Which times that by two and ya get 14-18.
Quote:I'm hoping we can maybe crack 8-8 this season and you're think'en maybe we're the best in the AFC?... (hey bar keep... I'll have what she's drink'en).

Yay, 8-8. The memo I missed. And that's just hope. You know, hope can stretch as far as you want, right? It's hope. How does one hope for average? Hope...
Quote:We have a QB that can throw for almost 40 TDS

Our defense has Jackson, Marks,Fowler,Poz,Smith,Jack,Ramsey,Amukamura,House and Gipson

Get us a reliable kicker and guarantee me the HC squeezes the most out of the roster and this team should be fighting for the playoffs.  Otherwise, the talent alone will overcome any HC's shortcomings with another year or 2 of further development.
Quote:Who power ranks the AFC? Is that just to make us feel better? Gives us a higher number to gawk at? So we are behind DEN, Oak, Pit, CIN, KC, Buf. What is that 7th, maybe behind Houston and the Jets debatable.7-9. Which times that by two and ya get 14-18.

You don't seem to get it.  The title of this topic asks if The Jaguars are the best team in the AFC on paper.  Nobody said anything about the all important power rankings.
As long as there's another team in the AFC that has Tom Brady, we will not be the best team in the AFC.  

Let's prove we are the best team in our division first
Quote:Let's prove we are the best team in our division first

How about let's win the Ponce De Leon Cup first. 
Quote:Probably somewhere in the 14-18 range.
Out of 16 AFC teams we could be 18th?  :teehee:
In the afc south, yes.
Quote:We have a QB that can throw for almost 40 TDS

In the AFC on paper, top 10 and possibly top 5.

Among the entire NFL, probably top 10.

Again, that's just on paper.  We'll find out once preseason starts and beyond to games that matter.

Here's a question.  Looking at the first quarter of the season, how many of these games do the Jaguars win?

9/11 Jaguars vs. Packers - Not exactly an easy task.

9/18 Jaguars @ Chargers - Historically the team does poorly traveling to the west coast.

9/25 Jaguars vs. Ravens - Could be a good game.

10/02 Jaguars vs. Colts - Though this is a "home" game, it is across the pond in England.

So what is the prediction for the first quarter of the season for the team leading up to the bye?  "On paper" I see at least 2 if not 3 wins, but realistically it could be 1-2 wins.
Quote:Out of 16 AFC teams we could be 18th?  :teehee:

That's how bad Bradley is  Tongue .

Dumb topic again, doesn't even deserve a serious reply.
Last I checked we were about 27th best or thereabouts. Until they start putting some W's up, that's about where I'd rank 'em. Potential is great, but it won't buy too many fishin' worms.
First half of the season: 20-25

Second half of the season: 10-15 (I hope)
Can some of these projected starters step foot on the field of an actual NFL game before we do this?

Pages: 1 2 3