Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: EXPECTATIONS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I expect the same story to be the subject of maybe 2 or 3 more threads.

I think that's a very accurate assessment ...

Yeah, it's time.
If we can take advantage of the summer heat and start strong, I can start see 10 or 11 wins.

I think the main things is to see our 3rd year guys take the next step and being leaders. Bortles, Robinson, Telvin.... and see see some rookies start to step to the plate. I expect to see more explosive plays on D....... But last year it seemed like zero of those so shouldn't be too hard at the least we need to go 8-8

I can see the 3rd year guys taking the next step, especially on offense.

They are playing in the same scheme for the second year in a row.  Their reads-QB, receivers, backs and linemen- should be the same and should be more reflexive and instinctive now  There shouldn't be as much uncertainty.

I can see Thomas being healthy to start the year, unlike last year.  He now has a rapport with Bortles.  Knowledge of scheme, Bortles, and health should make him more productive, too.

8 or 9 wins. A 3 to 4 win improvement is a great step for a young team in the NFL. That'd cement my belief that starting with the 2017 season we will become a perennial playoff contender and eventually a Super Bowl champion.
Another reason to get excited is T.J. Yeldon can split carries with another starter-quality RB. Last year we had to insert a fumbling machine when Yeldon was injured or needed a break.

I always put off record predictions until preseason because of injuries and training camp cuts, but have no doubt in my mind we have the talent to win nine games and the AFC South.

With the roster we have I'm looking at 10 wins. More like 8 wins because we will have a couple games where little mistakes cost us the game. I really think this team needs to play a full season together as a whole before we are a Super Bowl caliber team.
Quote:With the roster we have I'm looking at 10 wins. More like 8 wins because we will have a couple games where little mistakes cost us the game. I really think this team needs to play a full season together as a whole before we are a Super Bowl caliber team.

Agreed with this. I expect the offense to be top ten overall, and the defense to be top 16. I would peg us with 8 wins minimum. The team still has a lot of youth, a lack of experience and/or cohesion on defense will be an issue.

Offensively, can we win the LOS finally? Can we run the ball? Playoff teams run the ball effectively.

Defensively, we had some games last year where we shut down the run game, so I feel like the defensive line is halfway to winning the LOS consistently. Can we rush the passer and effect the passer? With the new additions and Fowler, I think we should be able to. Defensive line has enough depth now, IMO.
Exactly. We need to run the ball better. I hope the OL plays great because it begins at the LOS. I have no doubt in our passing offense. With the new additions on defense and players coming back from injury we will be much better on defense. We now have a pass rush and added a FS. We should be fine. My only concern is the team is too young and we might need another year until we are competitive for many years to come. For now I'm holding on for 8 wins with the potential of winning 10+ games.
10 wins and a playoff berth for me.
Im expecting 8 wins or so.  I'm too cynical to think we'll win 10 or 11 games this year when we've won only 12 during the last 3 seasons.

But I'm also expecting the pressure will be to win 10 or 11 games and make this a playoff caliber team.  If not could be Bradley's last stand.

10-11 wins and the playoffs.
I'll go with 10 wins.

Probably get 5 just in our division.
Quote:Exactly. We need to run the ball better. I hope the OL plays great because it begins at the LOS. I have no doubt in our passing offense. With the new additions on defense and players coming back from injury we will be much better on defense. We now have a pass rush and added a FS. We should be fine. My only concern is the team is too young and we might need another year until we are competitive for many years to come. For now I'm holding on for 8 wins with the potential of winning 10+ games.

This is what Dave Caldwell said about that:

"When you have to count on rookies to come in to make a difference, you're in trouble," Caldwell said. "I think the body of work we did this offseason, some of the veterans we brought in. These rookies always make their biggest jump from year one to year two, so we're going to bring them along slowly and hope for the best, but I think we have good veteran leadership right now where we should be able to compete in the AFC South."

I totally agree with him. Look at the difference between our 2014 and 2015 offenses.
win the afc south

smack up the wildcard team.

whoop next in line

win the afc championship game or lose it in overtime
Everyone in the media is calling a playoff team, but nobody said we should win a playoff game. My expectation is clinch AFC South, then lose in the wild card round.

I am super exited, I know I am not the biggest Gus supporter but this team is so loaded in talent I just get giddy every time I think about our team. If we had any other NFL head coach here(outside of maybe Mularkey and Fisher) I would think this team is a 12+ win unit. I really hope Gus proves me wrong and we break out big time and get 11 or more wins. Indy sucks and Luck looks like he regressed, Titans are a young group and I think Brock Osweiler(sp) is nothing special. It should be our division for the next few years. 

Pages: 1 2