Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith called players only meeting last week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:"I think the not wanting to settle for what’s been happening sparked it, and just me being a competitor and wanting to win," Smith told ESPN. "Losing ... I’ve always said I’m not a loser and I refuse to be a loser. So you cannot do this on your own and you have to make sure everybody’s on the same mindset. And that’s the biggest thing, making sure everybody’s on the same mindset."

Smith said several players spoke and he said it was a very positive meeting. He said he was happy with how everyone reacted.

"Let everybody voice their opinion and know that I want the same thing that you want so that when I say something it’s out of love," Smith said. "But words are only something. Actions are the biggest thing and that’s what we want to get from that meeting. Keep building from the meeting: actions."

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/203653/jaguars-lb-telvin-smith-calls-players-only-meeting-says-no-to-settling'>http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/203653/jaguars-lb-telvin-smith-calls-players-only-meeting-says-no-to-settling</a>

We're watching a leader emerge before our eyes folks.
#leadership

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/203653/jaguars-lb-telvin-smith-calls-players-only-meeting-says-no-to-settling'>http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/203653/jaguars-lb-telvin-smith-calls-players-only-meeting-says-no-to-settling</a>

We're watching a leader emerge before our eyes folks.
Damn that's great!

I think this team's collective mindset is changing.
Okay........
It's that Noles mentality baby, love it
I knew Telvin Smith would eventually become a leader of this team and lead by example. Cant wait to watch this team this season
Drafting Telvin will go down as the biggest 5th round steal of this franchise.

Only superstars are allowed to call a team meeting. He's not one, or there yet.
Quote:Only superstars are allowed to call a team meeting. He's not one, or there yet.

Good lord, you are horrible.
Quote:Only superstars are allowed to call a team meeting. He's not one, or there yet.

I can't wait to get home and block you. Way to go, troll. You win again

Anywho,

Yea. Telvin is the man. Despite all the crazy fa signings, the amazing draft, I'm getting a #50 jersey for opening day. He is the man!

lol

[Image: 317afe1b7894d5e08b914fc780e1d040.jpg]

Okay.   That in the team manual?  
Quote:It's that Noles mentality baby, love it

As a gator fan I am utterly disgusted that i have to agree. Ramsey coming in redoubles it. The last 4 years, love them or hate them, they have been preparing with the intent and expectation of winning national championships and have played at that level.

In a macro sense with the influx of talent if they develop a culture of excellence that puts winning first its possible that this could be the start of something special

#jungle
Based on that criteria, we can be assured you wouldn't be calling a team meeting....ever.
Quote:Based on that criteria, we can be assured you wouldn't be calling a team meeting....ever.
He would if we were talking about superstar window lickers.
Quote:Based on that criteria, we can be assured you wouldn't be calling a team meeting....ever.

...on ANY topic
This is the type of thing you see from the teams who hold themselves accountable. The teams who breed excellence do this. We are witnessing something great in the making. Glad to have been along for the ride...
Players who have won championships should take a leadership role. They know what it takes to make it to the top.
Boselli and Brunell did this kind of stuff the last time the Jags were actually good.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6