Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: James Sample = The X Factor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Doing this on my phone so gonna be short but......I think he could be the guy that could be the difference from going to good or great. We all knowabout the pass rush but if that gets fixed with the new additions and if Sample can be the guy Dave envisioned him to be, could make a big difference. James was the number 1 rated SS in coverage in college football in 2014. Also excelled when playing in the box and around the los as well. There is no question he is better in coverage than Cyp, hope he can win the job in training camp and become the player Dave thought he could become when he drafted him last year. Hopefully is health is 100%
I always liked James Sample and I hope he comes out in a big way this year. I would have no issue if he takes Cyprian's spot.

Quote:Doing this on my phone so gonna be short but......I think he could be the guy that could be the difference from going to good or great. 

he just needs to be solid.   Hopefully, he's not our X-Factor, because if he is, that means we're back in 2012.

We got Jordan and Pippin now so it don't matter
Been on this train since last year so It's nice to see others enthusiastic as well.  Barring no injuries, him and Tashaun would lock down the field.

I need to see more before calling him anything.
X-Factor is a huge thing for an entire football team, but if he can be our version of Cam Chancellor then I would say heck yea that is X-Factor worry...but you could say the same for all the other great players that will be on that defense...lol

I have low expectations and high hopes for young Mr. Sample.

One thing is certain. Our DB situation is miles better than it was regardless of who wins the SS job.
Quote:he just needs to be solid. Hopefully, he's not our X-Factor, because if he is, that means we're back in 2012.
How is this? Im saying he could be the difference between us having a good D or a great one. Look what happens to Sea. when Kam was not there. Im saying the difference could be like that
If he sucks and Cyp doesn't take a step forward, then I wonder if we see Jack back there more.

Quote:If he sucks and Cyp doesn't take a step forward, then I wonder if we see Jack back there more.
Or Ramsey...

Dude can play literally anywhere in the back side.
I expect a big season for Sample.

I don't really get the hype about Sample with one decent season at the college level but it would be nice if he outplayed Cyp.
Quote:I have low expectations and high hopes for young Mr. Sample.

One thing is certain. Our DB situation is miles better than it was regardless of who wins the SS job.

Agreed. You can plug in an average starter at SS at this point and that would be good enough. If Cyp or Sample can rise above that then it's just icing on the cake.
Quote:I need to see more before calling him anything.

You need more than 2 games started and 4 total games played?   He had me at "Hello"