Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I love the Ramsey/Jack picks, but Tyrone Holmes has a chance to be the steal of the draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just watching some of his highlights (granted he played at a lower level), the kid has burst and speed off the edge, he tested well at his proday and was ultra productive. Here's an article (written in early April) highlighting some of his strengths.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26311...pt-secrets

Odds are he won't do much other than make the PS but I'm really hoping he turns into something. This guy was ultra productive and has the build for what this team wants. Caldwell has been able to find production in the later rounds and I'm really pulling for this guy.
I wouldn't expect much. If he turns out to contribute then that's great. But every NFL team scouted him and all waited til the end of the draft. After watching his tape it is easy to see why. He is athletic which is why he was picked. Maybe the staff can turn him into something. He has to learn quickly in order to make the team.

Hes got to beat out my man Yannick first. Yannick is going to surprise a lot of people.

Ramsey.....Ryan Davis...Malik Jackson...Marks...Ryan Davis 2 (Tyrone Holmes)........House

...............Fowler...Jack....Ryan Davis 3 (Yannick Ngakoue)

.......................Gipson...Cyprien
Quote:Hes got to beat out my man Yannick first. Yannick is going to surprise a lot of people.

I think Yannick will make an impact right away, Holmes has the higher "ceiling" given his athleticism, I'm happy to have both guys.
Quote:Ramsey.....Ryan Davis...Malik Jackson...Marks...Ryan Davis 2 (Tyrone Holmes)........House

...............Fowler...Jack....Ryan Davis 3 (Yannick Ngakoue)

.......................Gipson...Cyprien

Don't sleep on Sample, he has all the makings of an enforcer in the box, can cover as well.
Quote:Don't sleep on Sample, he has all the makings of an enforcer in the box, can cover as well.

Ramsey....Tyrone Holmes...Malik Jackson..Yannik Ngakoue...Fowler.......House

......................Telvin.......Jack........Sample

...........................Gipson.....Cyprien
Quote:Ramsey....Tyrone Holmes...Malik Jackson..Yannik Ngakoue...Fowler.......House

......................Telvin.......Jack........Sample

...........................Gipson.....Cyprien

I like it! would definitely love to see James in the "Deon Bucannon" role.
Quote:I like it! would definitely love to see James in the "Deon Bucannon" role.
That's the speed kills front 7, 100 sacks as a team lineup.
Good read by the way. Density-adjusted athleticism is a new term to me. Sounds like the vikings may be on to something there. Is it possible our team has adopted to this realm of thinking with our new money ball approach as well? Only time will tell...
Quote:I like it! would definitely love to see James in the "Deon Bucannon" role.
I would put Prince where Ramsey is, Ramsey in Sample spot, and Sample in Cyp's spot to maximize that player grouping. Ramsey would excel in that role allowing him to roam while Gipson and Sample hold it down deep.

I'm beyond excited. This team will have many packages to play with.
I like Yannick to suprise a lot of people
If Gene Smith is going to go into the Witness Protection Program, he needs to do a better job at hiding his identity than writing for Bleacher Report about a small college dude being the steal of the draft.

Practice Squad more than likely.
Quote:Just watching some of his highlights (granted he played at a lower level), the kid has burst and speed off the edge, he tested well at his proday and was ultra productive. Here's an article (written in early April) highlighting some of his strengths.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2631199-montana-pass-rusher-tyrone-holmes-is-one-of-nfl-drafts-best-kept-secrets'>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2631199-montana-pass-rusher-tyrone-holmes-is-one-of-nfl-drafts-best-kept-secrets</a>

He sounds really promising. Who really knows if he will pan out, but the article definitely gives a good outlook.
3rd and long D

House.....Fowler..Malik Jackson..Yannick..........Prince........Colvin

.............Sample...Telvin...Jack

..............Gipson...Ramsey
Base defense, 1st down and 10.

Ramsey......Fowler..Malik Jackson..Marks..Odrick............House

.......................Telvin..Poz..Jack

........................Gipson..Cyprien
3 and 5 up to 10, blitz

Ramsey......Fowler..Malik Jackson..Marks..Yannick............House

.......................Telvin..Jack..Sample

........................Gipson..Cyprien