Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3rd Down Defense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

De: Dante Fowler jr

Dt: Malik Jackson

Dt: Sen'Derrik Marks

De:Yannick Ngakoue

Lb: Telvin Smith

Lb: Myles Jack

Cb: Jalen Ramsey

Cb: Davon House

Nb: Prince Amukamara

Fs: Tashaun Gipson

Ss: James Sample

Oh now I can't wait for 3rd down. No more 3rd and it doesn' matter. Lookin good. And with Jack we should no longer have to deal with tight ends. I'm excited.
Gus Bradley said Jalen Ramsey will be the nickel back.

"Our goal was to affect the passing game and we did that,” Caldwell said. “Get faster, younger, more athletic and to help us on third down. I think every player we took, we had that in mind.”

"You can’t overemphasize enough the need for [pass] rush,” Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said. “So, to bring in those guys that have ability to rush the quarterback was big for us.”

3rd Down Yannick Ngakoue LEO, DT Marks, Malik Jackson, Odrick LE

Telvin Smith, Poz,

Press coverage Jalen Ramsey on Outside Right, Prince Amukamara  inside nickel corner, House outside Left

Gipson FS, SS Myles Jack covering TE

Quote:Gus Bradley said Jalen Ramsey will be the nickel back.
he said he could
Quote:Gus Bradley said Jalen Ramsey will be the nickel back.

Tough choice because he's strong enough and the best at Press Coverage among the corners, and he can easily handle nickel but his speed makes him more of a candidate on the outside.  He'll most likely play the exact same role as Richard Sherman does in Seattle (outside shutdown cornerback).
That being said they have to win the starting role via Preseason nothing is guaranteed.  I mean Aaron Colvin is excellent at Nickel (not so much on the outside, gets burned by faster WRs) but his 4 game drug suspension is a huge problem.

Quote:Tough choice because he's strong enough and the best at Press Coverage among the corners, and he can easily handle nickel but his speed makes him more of a candidate on the outside.  He'll most likely play the exact same role as Richard Sherman does in Seattle (outside shutdown cornerback).
That's more what I'm thinking. He's big enough to handle #1 at all times. Let him do it.
Quote:That being said they have to win the starting role via Preseason nothing is guaranteed.  I mean Aaron Colvin is excellent at Nickel (not so much on the outside, gets burned by faster WRs) but his 4 game drug suspension is a huge problem.

No doubt we will miss Colvin in September. The good news is we don't have to worry about losing games just because of a failed drug test.
Quote:That's more what I'm thinking. He's big enough to handle #1 at all times. Let him do it.

It's a harder position on the defense and if you feel the guy has the talent to exceed in that role, IMO you put him there and find out.  Of course he has to win the job via preseason, but drafted 5th overall & the praise Hall Of Fame Deion Sanders is giving him.. its worth a shot.

Quote:It's a harder position on the defense and if you feel the guy has the talent to exceed in that role, IMO you put him there and find out. Of course he has to win the job via preseason, but drafted 5th overall & the praise Hall Of Fame Deion Sanders is giving him.. its worth a shot.
I ain't drafting a guy @5 if I don't think that he is the #1 guy.
I'm excited to see a Ramsey vs. Hopkins. Ramsey vs. Nelson, and Ramsey vs. Cooper.

Quote:I'm excited to see a Ramsey vs. Hopkins. Ramsey vs. Nelson, and Ramsey vs. Cooper.
and Jack on Walker.
First things first, let's find out which receivers Jalen Ramsey will cover (assuming he is a full-time cornerback).

Quote:First things first, let's find out which receivers Jalen Ramsey will cover (assuming he is a full-time cornerback).
hopefully to some degree everyone.
“I would think so,” said former FSU defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews when asked if Ramsey could be the next Sanders.

You have one guy who proved it in college and went ahead and did it as a pro. You have another one who did it in college and is waiting to do it as a pro...

“I would think you are looking at guy (in Ramsey) who is going to be special.”

--------------------------------------

One of the things they talked about was Deion wanted to find out if (Ramsey) loved practice the way Deion loved practice,” Cooper said. “Deion talked about what that field meant and everything they got they earned on that field. He kept saying (players) never cut any deals (on the practice field).”

Ramsey, of course, was much like Sanders on the practice field in terms of focus, dedication and perfection.

---------------------------------------

Here’s a guy (Ramsey) that excels at corner and at safety,” Andrews said. “Then you can put him up in a position where he can cover inside, and can rush, he can put pressure on the quarterback.

”That’s three players in one. You are not just getting a player that can dominate one position, chances being a dominating player at two or three” positions. Those players don’t come along very often."

-----------------------

GM Jerry Jones said an incident in which Ramsey got in trouble for being too rough in practice reminded him of the kinds of fierce competitions Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin used to have during the Cowboys’ 1990s glory days.

We’ve got a couple of players in this draft that are really inspirational practice players,” Jones said

-------------------------------

Deion Sanders tweeted at 11am 28th April

Why am I privately wanting @JalenRamsey to slide to #4 for the @dallascowboys to take him?! #21reasons #Truth

----------------------------

Antonio Cromartie had tweeted

@fishsports Mike I think @jalenramsey comes 2 Dallas because I believe @Chargers are going with O line. @dallascowboys will get the best guy

---------------------------------
Oh by the way the player he hit hard in practice is the Bucs starting star QB Winston whom also wanted Jalen Ramsey to come to the Bucs (he said he would take a pay cut for the Bucs to draft Jalen)!

Quote:Oh by the way the player he hit hard in practice is the Bucs starting star QB Winston whom also wanted Jalen Ramsey to come to the Bucs (he said he would take a pay cut for the Bucs to draft Jalen)!

Winston said something like, "Best of all, he is a Seminole!" That tells me Winston just wanted to reunite with his former teammate even though he provided more legitimate reasons to hope Ramsey falls to #9.
True and Deion Sanders was too, so of course they are going to hype up their own college (for that part Mojo hyped up Myles Jack).

Quote:I'm excited to see a Ramsey vs. Hopkins. Ramsey vs. Nelson, and Ramsey vs. Cooper.

Before that, we get to see Ramsey vs Robinson and Ramsey vs Hurns.  
Quote:Before that, we get to see Ramsey vs Robinson and Ramsey vs Hurns.  
Given our offensive skill players, including Thomas, we should know immediately if Ramsey and Jack are legit.

That's the thing.  Before, our drafts were so bad for so long, we'd draft a guy and not truly know whether or not he was any good because he went against not so good players in camp.

But Robinson, Hurns and Thomas have all proven they can produce at the NFL level.  Lee has skills enough to pose problems for a DB too.  If Ramsey can cover those guys, he should be able to cover anybody.

The good news is that if he is legit, he will make the receivers better, because with his physical style of play, he will challenge them getting off the jam at the LOS every practice, which should make them better at getting off the jam in games.
Pages: 1 2