Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Top 5 needs after FA and the draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
We have filled so many needs through the draft and FA that the list is much shorter than I can ever remember. Anyway, heres mine

1. C

2. SS

3. OTTO

4. MLB depth?

5. LT depth?

This is much harder than I can ever remember. I have faith in Myers and if Sample can turn out to be the player Dave thought he could be when he drafted him might be one of the best things for this defense with all the other new additions
I reckon I'm the only one who liked what Tripp did for us at MLB in Poz's absence. I like him as depth at MLB.
Plus if Tripp doesn't work out there, they can move guys around with Jack taking over at MLB so I don't see depth there as an issue. Also, Tyrone Holmes is apparently going to get a look at being a true OTTO where he's rushing the passer as an OLB from the strong side.

In before "head coach"
Quote:I reckon I'm the only one who liked what Tripp did for us at MLB in Poz's absence. I like him as depth at MLB.
he was ok but I think he can be upgraded. So whats your top 5?
LT

G

C

Is there a common theme here?
Quote:he was ok but I think he can be upgraded. So whats your top 5?

It's tough man. Really is.

I'd go:

C

K

SS

OTTO

And depth throughout the oline.
We signed a LT in FA so I don't think depth is an issue there.

1. SS

2. C

3. OTTO, unless Jack proves he can rush the passer too

4. RT depth - The LT depth is fine since between Joekel and Beachum, one will start with the other backing up

5. #3 TE

This is the first time depth has been on out top 5 needs

1. Center or Guard (aka wherever Linder doesnt play)

2. SS( can be nullified if cyp and or Sample step up)

3. 5th LB( could be Tripp or Armbrister)

4. Gunners(might just be because Anger out shot the coverage)

5. Kicker(Myers has to make XPs this year)

1-SS-We still need our Kam Chancellor, Cyp isn't that guy. I'm eager to see how he does surrounded by an improve secondary with Jalen Ramsey and Tashaun Gipson.

2-C

3-K-Myers sucks 

4-LT- Luke Joeckel ain't the guy, hopefully Kevin Beachum can be. I think he wins the starting job.
Quote:We signed a LT in FA so I don't think depth is an issue there.

Actually, while LT depth is really not an issue, the starting LT position remains a need until either Joekel or Beachum proves himself as legit there. I left K out as well because I do like the competition there, but admittedly for the exact same reason it's still a need.

I'd definitely say TE. We currently have an injury prone Thomas, an old Lewis, two unproven guys in Koyack and Sterling, and then Jacobs.
The bears just released veteran OG Matt Slauson. He would be a good pickup.
Quote:I reckon I'm the only one who liked what Tripp did for us at MLB in Poz's absence. I like him as depth at MLB.

I totally forgot about Tripp. Now we have the option to move Jack over if Poz gets hurt, which is preferable to making Tripp second on the depth chart.
Quote:The bears just released veteran OG Matt Slauson. He would be a good pickup.

Dave Caldwell is trying to get younger. That is why he did not chase Alex Mack this year.
Quote:Dave Caldwell is trying to get younger. That is why he did not chase Alex Mack this year.

Lol, hes only 30.
Every team has wholes and weaknesses, I say our only need now is "wins"
Quote:Dave Caldwell is trying to get younger.
Well that's just impossible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4