Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Believing in two genders is a ‘hate crime’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I came across yet another gem of young college students displaying their (lack of) intelligence.  It's not just the students though... it's also the university that charges big bucks.

Just the start of the blog post is just... well.

Quote: 

It’s uncommon at Jesuit universities these days for someone to openly share a traditional Catholic viewpoint.

When it happened at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, the school was so spooked it called the Los Angeles Police Department.

Both the police and the university’s Bias Incident Response Team are investigating the stated belief that only two genders exist, male and female, as a hate crime.

Really?  The school is "so spooked" that they decided to call the police because someone expressed a point of view?

The school really has a "Bias Incident Response Team"?  Are you kidding me?

Someone stating that they believe that there are only two genders is now a "hate crime"?

It gets even better.

Quote: 

Cosette Carleo, one of the students involved, told The College Fix in a phone interview that the hate crime under investigation is “denying transgenderism.”

The employee told Carleo, who identifies as gender-neutral, that only two genders exist, male and female, according to the student. Carleo told The Fix that statement was the hate crime.

Carleo responded that “you can have your opinion” as long as it doesn’t “deny my existence.”

The supposed "hate crime" is "denying transgenderism"...  Really?  So if someone thinks that a male that decides that he's now a female or vice versa is only one of two genders, that's a "hate crime"?

How does one exactly "identify as gender-neutral"?  Does it mean that you have an "inny" (not the rectum) as well as an "outy"?

So free speech suddenly means that you can have an opinion as long as it doesn't differ from a wacko liberal opinion?

I realize that this is a blog, and I haven't been able to find a credible news site reporting on it, but the thought of this is where this country is headed came to mind.  I would rather have discussion about the IDEA behind the piece rather than the validity.
Someone needs to tell these college people to shut the [BLEEP] up.
Not just college; coming to a workplace near you.

Quote:Not just college; coming to a workplace near you.

I'm not worried, most good places to work don't hire Gender Studies majors.
Apparently there are bias incident response teams on most campuses. This was the first link that came up when I typed it into bing.com. Here is an example of UNC's campaign. I'm too tired to have an opinion on this today. Maybe tomorrow. But this is just a sample of what they put up around campus.

UNC’S POSTER CAMPAIGN

Here’s a sample of the types of messages present on posters put up campus-wide by the UNC Bias Response Team:

» “When you say ‘that’s so gay’ … You are using someone’s sexual orientation to describe an undesirable experience, and that is not acceptable.”

» “When you call someone a ‘terrorist’ … You are reinforcing what society believes a terrorist should act and/or look like based on someone’s appearance and/or religion.”

» “When you say ‘poor college student’ … You dismiss the privilege of your access to a college education and the experience of living in poverty.”

» “When you say ‘all lives matter’ … You are dismissing the Black Lives Matter movement and the brutality impacting the black community.”
Quote:Apparently there are bias incident response teams on most campuses. <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.greeleytribune.com/news/local/21665205-113/rise-of-bias-response-teams-at-university-of#'>This</a> was the first link that came up when I typed it into bing.com. Here is an example of UNC's campaign. I'm too tired to have an opinion on this today. Maybe tomorrow. But this is just a sample of what they put up around campus.

UNC’S POSTER CAMPAIGN

Here’s a sample of the types of messages present on posters put up campus-wide by the UNC Bias Response Team:

» “When you say ‘that’s so gay’ … You are using someone’s sexual orientation to describe an undesirable experience, and that is not acceptable.”

» “When you call someone a ‘terrorist’ … You are reinforcing what society believes a terrorist should act and/or look like based on someone’s appearance and/or religion.”

» “When you say ‘poor college student’ … You dismiss the privilege of your access to a college education and the experience of living in poverty.”

» “When you say ‘all lives matter’ … You are dismissing the Black Lives Matter movement and the brutality impacting the black community.”

Dear UNC,

You and your poor, gay, terrorist pantywastes don't matter.
what does it mean if I don't care what gender you are.  Pretty much every bathroom I have ever been in has had stall doors.

Quote:what does it mean if I don't care what gender you are.  Pretty much every bathroom I have ever been in has had stall doors.

This is the reality so often overlooked in all of this. Whether it was LGBT activists or opponents, a mountain was made from a molehill.
Quote:This is the reality so often overlooked in all of this. Whether it was LGBT activists or opponents, a mountain was made from a molehill.

I'm one of those logical thinker types so things like this tend to have a simple answer.  Some people want another civil rights movement thats not needed, or they want segregation instead of equality I don't understand a lot of it from a logical perspective.

the cruel life of an INTJ  

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-perso...ti-basics/   for those not familiar with what I mean by INTJ
Quote:what does it mean if I don't care what gender you are.  Pretty much every bathroom I have ever been in has had stall doors.
Why the hell can't the rest of America get this through their dumb damn heads?
Quote:I'm one of those logical thinker types so things like this tend to have a simple answer.  Some people want another civil rights movement thats not needed, or they want segregation instead of equality I don't understand a lot of it from a logical perspective.

the cruel life of an INTJ  
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/'>http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/</a>   for those not familiar with what I mean by INTJ

ISFJ here. For the most part.
Quote:Why the hell can't the rest of America get this through their dumb damn heads?

You will be made to care or you will be punished.
Oh crap I'm going to miss the game with all the women now using the men's bathroom at the games....

What does the bathroom icon look like for a shemale anyway?
Quote:Why the hell can't the rest of America get this through their dumb damn heads?

Read the op. This isn't about bathrooms.
Quote:Oh crap I'm going to miss the game with all the women now using the men's bathroom at the games....

Nah, just cut in line and pee in the sink.

Quote:Read the op. This isn't about bathrooms.

Exactly.  Stating a (correct) belief that there are only 2 genders is somehow a "hate crime" in some people's minds.
facebook says there are 53 genders. it's science.

Quote:facebook says there are 53 genders. it's science.

53?
Quote:53?
yes something like that

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/20...ook-users/

Pages: 1 2 3