Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New Kicker Signed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jags signed Jaden Oberkrom as an UDFA.

Taken from SB Nation: "No matter what we say about Oberkrom and his accuracy going up and up, he isn't "Mr. Perfect" for explainable reasons. The thing about Oberkrom is he's great at getting distance and making the big kicks, especially when under pressure. It's the shorter distances and extra points that, instead of being automatic no-brainers, sometimes turn into "uh oh" moments." http://www.frogsowar.com/2016/4/28/11500...n-oberkrom

This kid is another Jason Myers.

Ha
Yeah, we've already got him on the roster
Here's the thing: Oberkrom improved from 73% to 77% to 84% as his career progressed. He's shown improvement over time, whereas 24-of-38 finished, well, 24-of-38. I don't know that Oberkrom's any better, but he's at least worth a long look given that our incumbent might drill it through a window from 60 yards, or he might miss the broad side of the same barn three times in a row from 40.

And he wasnt a second round draft pick?
Quote:And he wasnt a second round draft pick?
If only Gene were still with us...
Bucs took a second round kicker... Traded back into the second... If only we had gone to get THE guy! (lol)

The Bucs traded a 3rd and 4th for a 2nd that they used on a kicker. Essentially, they spent a 2nd 3rd and 4th for one kicker.
Quote:The Bucs traded a 3rd and 4th for a 2nd that they used on a kicker. Essentially, they spent a 2nd 3rd and 4th for one kicker.

It ended up calculating into the 34th overall pick.

I bet their fans are livid.

Not me! Go Jags
Quote:The Bucs traded a 3rd and 4th for a 2nd that they used on a kicker. Essentially, they spent a 2nd 3rd and 4th for one kicker.

Sorry, but they only gave up 2 picks to get that 2nd round pick. So they spent a 3rd and a 4th pick on a kicker.

Still not smart, but it is not as bad as you are making out to be.
Quote:Sorry, but they only gave up 2 picks to get that 2nd round pick. So they spent a 3rd and a 4th pick on a kicker.

Still not smart, but it is not as bad as you are making out to be.

He is saying they spent a 2nd round pick on a kicker. But they traded a 3rd and a 4th in order to get there.
Quote:Here's the thing: Oberkrom improved from 73% to 77% to 84% as his career progressed. He's shown improvement over time, whereas 24-of-38 finished, well, 24-of-38. I don't know that Oberkrom's any better, but he's at least worth a long look given that our incumbent might drill it through a window from 60 yards, or he might miss the broad side of the same barn three times in a row from 40.

To be fair. Myers only missed 4 actual FG's all season. He only 1 missed consecutive attempts. Also he only once missed from 40 yards are less. Field Goals are not Myer's issue.

Either he took Extra Points lightly early in the season and then got psyched out later. Or the something in the quicker turn around after a TD or something else in the Extra Point pre-kick routine has caused him to doubt himself and be off for point afters. 

Either way, he now has had a full offseason to work on this, so it is put up or sit down time for Myers.
Quote:He is saying they spent a 2nd round pick on a kicker. But they traded a 3rd and a 4th in order to get there.

But they only "spent" 2 picks. The way he is saying it, it comes off as they spent 3 picks. They burned a 4th round pick to jump up from the early 3rd round into the late 2nd. 
Ok.They didn't use a 2nd rounder. I tipped it out if you say so. Let's just play ball.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2016K.php

Oberkrom was walters 5th ranked kicker in the class. I think he makes the roster.
Quote:Here's the thing: Oberkrom improved from 73% to 77% to 84% as his career progressed. He's shown improvement over time, whereas 24-of-38 finished, well, 24-of-38. I don't know that Oberkrom's any better, but he's at least worth a long look given that our incumbent might drill it through a window from 60 yards, or he might miss the broad side of the same barn three times in a row from 40.

Myers was 6 of 8 from 40-49 yards. Whoops.

I get Myers blew the Indy game but outside of that he was very good in FGs. It's the PATs that he was down right terrible at.
Why miss the xp's they are just short field goals now? I am by no means a kicker but odds are put me on a field and I make more short field goals than longer ones. There were more missed xp's last year but didn't myers miss more than anyone else?

Quote:Why miss the xp's they are just short field goals now? I am by no means a kicker but odds are put me on a field and I make more short field goals than longer ones. There were more missed xp's last year but didn't myers miss more than anyone else?

Ask kickers that question. I think the majority missed at least one PAT try last season.
Can we trade Joeckel for Aguayo?

This dude looks like a white Reggie Miller (NBA)

[Image: usa-today-9134294.0.jpg]

[Image: 200px-Reggie_Miller_crop.png]

Pages: 1 2