Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We will face off with Murray and Henry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This will be a 2 chin strap game when we play the Titans.

I like what they are doing in the draft too.

Conklin will have his hands full with Fowler, Yannick and Jack.
I ain't worried about Murray and Henry at all.
Jack and Telvin will kill them, idc.

Quote:This will be a 2 chin strap game when we play the Titans.

I see the titans going backward with every move. They have a QB that can't throw down the field and doesn't operate well under center and they're signing up tons linemen and RBs to run I-formation stuff. What's worse is Mariota can't throw down the field, so trying harder to run the ball won't help them, the titans will experience the same thing that the Jaguars used to get when they had MJD and Gabbert. Everyone on defense within about 7 yards of the line of scrimmage and tons of rushes for one or two yards up the middle and for losses around the end.
Neither scare me.
both need blocking to run well.  I don't see their Oline moving us too far.

They were one of the worst Run Offenses last season. Only a few more yards and slightly better avg than Jags and fewer Rushing First Downs. Not to mention they were actually generally worse after Mularkey took over, excluding the 314 yards they totaled against the Jags. They could improve their running game some and still below average in the league.

Only issue is that Murray and Mariota can actually run the Read Option. They one of 2 teams on the 2016 schedule who really can and will run it. Need defense to not overpursue. 

Quote:They were one of the worst Run Offenses last season. Only a few more yards and slightly better avg than Jags and fewer Rushing First Downs. Not to mention they were actually generally worse after Mularkey took over, excluding the 314 yards they totaled against the Jags. They could improve their running game some and still below average in the league.

Only issue is that Murray and Mariota can actually run the Read Option. They one of 2 teams on the 2016 schedule who really can and will run it. Need defense to not overpursue. 

Don't worry, if the titans actually run the read option with any regularity then mariota will be out for the year with another knee injury by the time we play them.
Titans are idiots.  They trade for over the hill RB Murray, who has a big contract and needs lots of carries, then spend a 2nd round pick on a 247-lb RB who also needs lots of carries.  Does Mularkey think they can run it 40 times a game?  They give up THREE premium draft picks to move up and select...a Right Tackle at #10 overall.  Big and slow worked pretty well in the 1970s and 1980s NFL, but I think the Mularkey experiment will end badly. 

Looks to me like they are trying to be like the old Jaguar 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.
We are doomed, power football wins championships
Quote:We are doomed, power football wins championships

Yup, bc Denver had such a potent rushing attack
Quote:Titans are idiots. They trade for over the hill RB Murray, who has a big contract and needs lots of carries, then spend a 2nd round pick on a 247-lb RB who also needs lots of carries. Does Mularkey think they can run it 40 times a game? They give up THREE premium draft picks to move up and select...a Right Tackle at #10 overall. Big and slow worked pretty well in the 1970s and 1980s NFL, but I think the Mularkey experiment will end badly.

Agreed. I thought this was a bone head move. They signed Demarco, why pick up Henry with such an early pick? Unless they think Demarco is just a guy, then they wasted a high pick on another RB. But, better for us, since it's another position that's not being addresed.
Some pretty funny stuff here on the tacks MB:

TitansReport  - Fear of Jacksonville - http://www.titansreport.com/topic/22394-...le/?page=1

My favorite is where they mention we have nobody who can stop the run....except that's the one thing our defense COULD do last year...
Quote:This will be a 2 chin strap game when we play the Titans.

Titans are starting to scare me to be honest, but I don't think Mularkey is that good of a coach.. of course I'm not super confident in Gus either..
Quote:My favorite is where they mention we have nobody who can stop the run....except that's the one thing our defense COULD do last year...
Ahh yes, our long lost friend Bongo.
Quote:Some pretty funny stuff here on the tacks MB:

TitansReport - Fear of Jacksonville - <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.titansreport.com/topic/22394-fear-of-jacksonville/?page=1'>http://www.titansreport.com/topic/22394-fear-of-jacksonville/?page=1</a>

Jags aren't built to stop a power running game?

Guess the news has it made it to Tennessee yet that we have Malik Jackson, Senderick Marks, Roy Miller, and Paul Posluszny in the middle of our defense.
"I don't think many realize just how ridiculously homerish most boards are. It's not like this one, at all. That's why I get amused when somebody is called a homer here, this has to be the most impartial board out there."

Lol ok. Of course the homerism is bad here. That entire thread is full of homerism there as well. That's part of being a fan.

Bottom line, we've both won 12 games in 3 years. And we've split with them the past like 4 years anyway.

I'm still going to hate the Titans and pump up my Jags.
Quote:Jags aren't built to stop a power running game?

Guess the news has it made it to Tennessee yet that we have Malik Jackson, Senderick Marks, Roy Miller, and Paul Posluszny in the middle of our defense.

5th best defense in yards per attempt allowed. But you know, can't stop the run.
Pages: 1 2