Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFF rated the tacks selection of Henry a C+.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
..which shows how meaningless draft grades are. Maybe they should try to tackle him.
It's a good pick based on what they're trying to do and the fact that Murray isn't that good now but what they're trying to do won't work. The Jags and Texans both have very good run defense.

Exactly. Should have been a F.
Quote:It's a good pick based on what they're trying to do and the fact that Murray isn't that good now but what they're trying to do won't work. The Jags and Texans both have very good run defense.

Yea, I posted it a couple times last night, but it seems like Mularkey is determined to be a smash mouth football team.  I am all for it, since it seems like that era is past.  I think Henry is a good football player, but they are doubling down on having a solid running game and big O-line.  We tried to do the same thing a few years ago and I thought we were going to succeed.  I hadn't realized how much the NFL had really changed.  Maybe it will work for them, but I tend to think it won't.
Malarkey is trying his best to have the type of team that the 2012 Jaguars were.
I think its interesting that they have two guys who can't really run out of shotgun effectively whilst having a QB who's more effective in shotgun.
Quote:Malarkey is trying his best to have the type of team that the 2012 Jaguars were.

2-14?  :teehee:
I don't mind the selection. Makes sense that they draft to protect Mariota and giving him more of a running game isn't a bad thing.
Quote:..which shows how meaningless draft grades are. Maybe they should try to tackle him.

Big fan of Ron Dayne 2.0?
Quote:Big fan of Ron Dayne 2.0?
I think he is a much better prospect than Ron Dayne. 

I HATED Ron Dayne as a prospect.  Henry is light years better than Dayne.
Quote:I think he is a much better prospect than Ron Dayne. 

I HATED Ron Dayne as a prospect.  Henry is light years better than Dayne.

Why did you hate Dayne as a prospect?
Quote:Why did you hate Dayne as a prospect?
Absolutely ZERO burst whatsoever.
Quote:Absolutely ZERO burst whatsoever.

Henry has done well enough getting yards after contact, I don't really recall him having much burst, though.
Quote:I think its interesting that they have two guys who can't really run out of shotgun effectively whilst having a QB who's more effective in shotgun.

Ha, good point.
Quote:Henry has done well enough getting yards after contact, I don't really recall him having much burst, though.
He has more burst than Dayne did, and is much better after contact.  Dayne's size didn't translate into him being a power back.
Kids been doubted his whole life.

kid will succeed. No doubt in my mind.
Quote:Kids been doubted his whole life.

kid will succeed. No doubt in my mind.

What are you talking about? When he played for Yulee I seem to remember a lot of worship of the guy, and he certainly didn't get any doubt that I can recall with Alabama, even won the Heisman trophy.

I don't doubt he can take a pounding, but it'll take more than that to successful at the NFL level.
Chris Ivory is a big physical RB but those types need a head of steam.  Jags had a plan to hit him before he gets upfield.  23 carries for 26 yards, best rushing defense in NFL history against a RB with 23+ carries.  

Bottom line, Tennessee's run game don't scare me. 

I guess it depends on a few factors how does Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Elliott, Ramsey, Buckner Tunsil, etc turn out because with the 1st overall pick in the 2016 draft they could've done a lot of things... they went with tons of picks (which appeared to be a brilliant move) but the thing about trading down is you have to draft well & while they picked up high ranking players of need only time will tell if it was brilliant or stupid.

If I watch the first couple minutes of their GM and head coach press conference it reminds me so much of Gene Smith and Mularkey ... Their GM has to look on a sheet of paper to find the names of the players he drafted a few hours ago then Mularkey raves about the return skills of a player they took and 1 minute later says he confused him with another player they signed as UDFA ....

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.titansonline.com/video/videos/Titans-Discuss-the-Final-Day-of-the-2016-NFL-Draft/cbe25cdb-3439-46ae-beb6-38bd90c6f9df'>http://www.titansonline.com/video/videos/Titans-Discuss-the-Final-Day-of-the-2016-NFL-Draft/cbe25cdb-3439-46ae-beb6-38bd90c6f9df</a>
Pages: 1 2