Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Political Outcomes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey so I did a little updating to this meme...  Figure it's the best representation that riffs on each candidate...

[Image: CFnF43G.jpg]

Nah, Cruz won't take us back to the dark ages (for you libs maybe)

It is hilarious to me that everyone understands that the actual power of the president is not that great but at same time the country will go to absolute crap if their candidate doesn't win.

Quote:It is hilarious to me that everyone understands that the actual power of the president is not that great but at same time the country will go to absolute crap if their candidate doesn't win.

You'd actually be surprised...I don't think your average person is actually aware of this nugget. Never mind that we all had to pass Government class to graduate from high school (at least in Maryland we did).

I will say I'm a little disappointed in Anch's choice for the Cruz backdrop...surely you could have found a suitable Inquisition photo somewhere instead...score: 6/10.
Quote:I will say I'm a little disappointed in Anch's choice for the Cruz backdrop...surely you could have found a suitable Inquisition photo somewhere instead...score: 6/10.

I like to think he considered the Inquisition but choose to go with another image to avoid the risk of this thread descending into Monty Python quotes.
Quote:I like to think he considered the Inquisition but choose to go with another image to avoid the risk of this thread descending into Monty Python quotes.

nadie esperaría que
Quote:It is hilarious to me that everyone understands that the actual power of the president is not that great but at same time the country will go to absolute crap if their candidate doesn't win.
You'd be amazed how few people understand that no Presidential candidate will ever achieve more than 20-25% of what they set out to.

This is why I've calmed down and ready to accept either President Trump or President Clinton. The comedy fan in me wants Trump.
Quote:This is why I've calmed down and ready to accept either President Trump or President Clinton. The comedy fan in me wants Trump.

Excuse me I can't stop vomiting
Quote:This is why I've calmed down and ready to accept either President Trump or President Clinton. The comedy fan in me wants Trump.
That's the spirit! Just roll with it and enjoy the show! (Absolutely no pun or disrespect intended)

My thoughts from the very beginning.
I get what you're implying, congress has the power of legislating, the budget, etc...

But, let's not forget that it was W. Bush and Cheney that destroyed Iraq. I bet the families of all the wounded and dead soldiers as well as the killed and displaced Iraqis would say the president has ALOT of power...

The power that a Clinton or trump presidency would have to get us into yet another war is a very real thing ..

Yes, because we all know the President has little effect on anything like Foreign Policy or say... Supreme Court Nominees.
Quote:Yes, because we all know the President has little effect on anything like Foreign Policy or say... Supreme Court Nominees.
The SC is who I have a huge problem with for two major reasons. They're nominated by the POTUS and not the People. Because of that the will of the People gets overturned by judges who were not voted for by the People. 
Quote:The SC is who I have a huge problem with for two major reasons. They're nominated by the POTUS and not the People. Because of that the will of the People gets overturned by judges who were not voted for by the People. 

They NEED to be nominated by the POTUS and not the people.  The job of the Supreme Court is not, contrary to conservative belief, to uphold the will of the people.  It's to uphold the constitution, regardless of the will of the people.  Electing judges is one of the dumbest things we do as a country.

Quote:They NEED to be nominated by the POTUS and not the people.  The job of the Supreme Court is not, contrary to conservative belief, to uphold the will of the people.  It's to uphold the constitution, regardless of the will of the people.  Electing judges is one of the dumbest things we do as a country.
Being elected by people who have ulterior motives isn't the answer either. I agree they judges must uphold the constitution but I don't agree with their nominations by people who have ulterior motives beyond partisan views. And I'm not a conservative. I may have some conservative views but less than you would think. Or I should say not radical or extremist conservative views.
Quote:Being elected by people who have ulterior motives isn't the answer either. I agree they judges must uphold the constitution but I don't agree with their nominations by people who have ulterior motives beyond partisan views. And I'm not a conservative. I may have some conservative views but less than you would think. Or I should say not radical or extremist conservative views.

You're thinking ideally, americus...which is something I'm guilty of as well.

In this particular instance, no matter which side you fall on, the problem is going to be the same. Every nominee, regardless of who the POTUS is, is going to have the same problem more often than not...otherwise, there would be no justifiable reason for the other party to be so adamant about fighting any given nomination imo.
Quote:You're thinking ideally, americus...which is something I'm guilty of as well.

In this particular instance, no matter which side you fall on, the problem is going to be the same. Every nominee, regardless of who the POTUS is, is going to have the same problem more often than not...otherwise, there would be no justifiable reason for the other party to be so adamant about fighting any given nomination imo.
Yes, I am an idealist at times. I guess that's why I tend to get disappointed so easily with some things. And I know what you're saying. The whole political system is jacked up and it makes me sick. Nothing is about the People anymore but about special interest groups, corporations, etc. 
Quote:Yes, I am an idealist at times. I guess that's why I tend to get disappointed so easily with some things. And I know what you're saying. The whole political system is jacked up and it makes me sick. Nothing is about the People anymore but about special interest groups, corporations, etc.

Time for you to jump on the Trump Train! He is the only candidate that is for the people. He is really rich, believe me, so he doesn't need to answer to the lobbyists, donors, or special interests like Crooked Hillary or Lyin Ted. We will build a great great wall and Mexico will pay for it. It's gonna be YUUUUUUUGE.

#TheDonald.
Pages: 1 2