Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Impact of Brady Suspension -- Week 3 vs Texans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Week 3 -- Pats vs Texans

Apparently owners are supporting a 2 game suspension versus the 4 game suspension that got upheld.

As Jag fans, we need to root for a 2 game suspension to ensure Brady plays against the Texans in Week 3.

Quote:Week 3 -- Pats vs Texans

Apparently owners are supporting a 2 game suspension versus the 4 game suspension that got upheld.

As Jag fans, we need to root for a 2 game suspension to ensure Brady plays against the Texans in Week 3.

Amen. Or drag it out for another year at least.

We 100% need him not to be banned for the Texans.
I would bet the farm Brady doesn't serve that extension until next year. Then again, the farm's not very big anyway. I think Goodell and Brady are having too much fun with this to let it go.
Nah, let the Texans play a Brady-less Patriots team.  If they win, that's a lower draft spot for them to take a QB.  

We believe in easy victories! We believe in easy victories! We believe in easy victories! We believe in easy victories! <span style="font-size:18px;">We believe in easy victories! <span style="font-size:24px;">We believe in easy victories!</span></span>

We believe in easy victories!

I'm in the mind set of dont worry about other teams.  Lets just try to win our own games

Quote:I'm in the mind set of dont worry about other teams.  Lets just try to win our own games
You're a fan so you can do/think whatever you want, but I don't see the benefit of coach speak as a fan or not wanting your rivals to suck/lose. To each their own I guess. I hope Brady never servers any games for the suspension. Both teams balls were under inflated. 
Quote:You're a fan so you can do/think whatever you want, but I don't see the benefit of coach speak as a fan or not wanting your rivals to suck/lose. To each their own I guess. I hope Brady never servers any games for the suspension. Both teams balls were under inflated. 

Wait what? The Colts balls were under inflated as well?

Never heard this.
Quote:Wait what? The Colts balls were under inflated as well?

Never heard this.

Brady won the merits of the case, he lost to Goodell's ego, and the most recent court ruling said that's ok because the Commish is the NFL's diety. The next appeal won't agree and we'll be talking about what games Brady won't be suspended for about a year after he retires.
Don't really care, Garoppolo is a better QB than Osweiler. The Pats will win either way.

Quote:Don't really care, Garoppolo is a better QB than Osweiler. The Pats will win either way.

Makes you wonder why they spent a third on Brissett don't it?

I'm sure they are both better than Osweiler, that's not the point.

You'd think after two years with Garapolo they'd be comfortable/confident in his ability to replace Brady.

Drafting Brisset now extends their "coverage" an additional two seasons.

It doesn't make sense if they are confident in Garoppolo. But if they weren't, wouldn't they sign Hoyer for $2M to play those 4 games?
Quote:Makes you wonder why they spent a third on Brissett don't it?

I'm sure they are both better than Osweiler, that's not the point.

You'd think after two years with Garapolo they'd be comfortable/confident in his ability to replace Brady.

Drafting Brisset now extends their "coverage" an additional two seasons.

It doesn't make sense if they are confident in Garoppolo. But if they weren't, wouldn't they sign Hoyer for $2M to play those 4 games?

Garappolo may be more skilled than Brock, if only slightly, but I don't know why you think Brissett is better Thunder. Yes he has a good arm and is a good leader, but his field vision is very questionable as well as his timing/anticipation and whether or not he can effectively operate an NFL offense. That's why most teams had him as a fourth round guy.

You never seem to have any faith over him at all on our board man, and I just don't get why. You like savage, and I do too, but you don't apparently care for Brock much even though he for sure has more polish than Savage does.
Quote:Garappolo may be more skilled than Brock, if only slightly, but I don't know why you think Brissett is better Thunder. Yes he has a good arm and is a good leader, but his field vision is very questionable as well as his timing/anticipation and whether or not he can effectively operate an NFL offense. That's why most teams had him as a fourth round guy.

You never seem to have any faith over him at all on our board man, and I just don't get why. You like savage, and I do too, but you don't apparently care for Brock much even though he for sure has more polish than Savage does.

I don't think Brissett is better. I don't understand this move by the Patriots is all. 

I don't care much for Garropolo because he doesn't seem to be able to work within the context of a pro offense. He's looked like a one read, then scramble guy. He's not exactly running down field, but he's not going through his progressions & making good decisions from the pocket either. 

Are the Patriots seeing that as well? I don't know. But that's something Brissett's been doing, operating the offense from the pocket. If I were an OC, it would drive me crazy every time I see throws my QB should have made, but he decided to ad lib. Whether it worked or not isn't the point. What's the point of me drawing up plays & trying to get everyone to do their jobs if 70% of the plays are broken down because my QB didn't see what I saw, or just didn't want to pull the trigger.

Now, are you saying I have no confidence in Osweiler? I don't think either Garropolo or Brissett is better than Os, I just don't care to argue the point on a Jags board. 
Quote:Garappolo may be more skilled than Brock, if only slightly, but I don't know why you think Brissett is better Thunder. Yes he has a good arm and is a good leader, but his field vision is very questionable as well as his timing/anticipation and whether or not he can effectively operate an NFL offense. That's why most teams had him as a fourth round guy.

Quote:I don't think Brissett is better. I don't understand this move by the Patriots is all. 

I don't care much for Garropolo because he doesn't seem to be able to work within the context of a pro offense. He's looked like a one read, then scramble guy. He's not exactly running down field, but he's not going through his progressions & making good decisions from the pocket either. 

Are the Patriots seeing that as well? I don't know. But that's something Brissett's been doing, operating the offense from the pocket. If I were an OC, it would drive me crazy every time I see throws my QB should have made, but he decided to ad lib. Whether it worked or not isn't the point. What's the point of me drawing up plays & trying to get everyone to do their jobs if 70% of the plays are broken down because my QB didn't see what I saw, or just didn't want to pull the trigger.

Now, are you saying I have no confidence in Osweiler? I don't think either Garropolo or Brissett is better than Os, I just don't care to argue the point on a Jags board. 

Get a room you two!
Quote:Makes you wonder why they spent a third on Brissett don't it?

Because after Jimmy shines for 4 games, they'll trade him to a QB desperate team. And groom Brissett...

Eventually one of these guys will actually have to take over for Brady... but until then, the Pats can keep drafting 3rd and 4th round QBs and develop them and trade em.
I don't think the pats should be comfortable having anyone fill in for brady.