Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts fans keep telling me how much more talented they are than us..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Outside of Andrew Luck can anyone name a single position they have us beat at? I mean it's getting rediculous how agressive these dudes are about it. (on another nfl forum)

His shoulder will drop off eventually. I honestly can't think of anywhere they beat us.
Quote:Outside of Andrew Luck can anyone name a single position they have us beat at? I mean it's getting rediculous how agressive these dudes are about it. (on another nfl forum)
And that gap between Bortles and Luck is a lot smaller then Clots would like to admit.
Quote:Outside of Andrew Luck can anyone name a single position they have us beat at? I mean it's getting rediculous how agressive these dudes are about it. (on another nfl forum)
Maybe CB, maybe LT.

That's about it.
Their window closes when Luck becomes the highest paid player in the league. It's like they didn't even try to take advantage of his rookie contract
Quote:Their window closes when Luck becomes the highest paid player in the league. It's like they didn't even try to take advantage of his rookie contract

No kidding.  Almost like their GM was bracing the colts for the huge impact so instead of going out and signing some huge short term contracts, he went out and got some old washed up players from The U 
Quote:No kidding.  Almost like their GM was bracing the colts for the huge impact so instead of going out and signing some huge short term contracts, he went out and got some old washed up players from The U 

Yep, it was lauded by the "experts" as a great decision, signing old guys like Cole, Gore, and Andre Johnson. 
Quote:Yep, it was lauded by the "experts" as a great decision, signing old guys like Cole, Gore, and Andre Johnson.

Haha that was hilarious. Had some many friends say that the Colts "we're going to be so nice" when they got those guys... Lol

What forum site so I can check it out
Since when was Luck better than Bortles?
Quote:Since when was Luck better than Bortles?

Media.
Quote:Since when was Luck better than Bortles?

Quote:Media.

Maybe the whole thing is settled this season ... 
Pagano > Sprinkles

Internet tough guys huh.

Bortles may eventually be the better player, who knows?  It's certainly not beyond belief.  And Luck has been getting pretty beat up the last couple of seasons.  Our rivals this year and probably in the near future are the tinhorns who, if they can finally find a QB will be tough.  Indy better get used to the basement.
they have a huge advantage in the head coach department

From a Texans perspective I don't see any skill position on the Colts that would be hands down better than your Jaguars except perhaps the QB position. However is unknown how much longer Luck will last with no talent around him and how much Better Bortles can yet be. We will no more at the end of this season to see what direction each trends.
Well the colts are more talented than us.

At talking about themselves!
Coming from a Colts fan: after the season, there was an "All AFC South Team" listing from ESPN, (if I recall correctly). The Jaguars led with the most players on that team. So, although it's unofficial, it would lead you to think that the talent level on the Jaguars is greater than the talent level on the Colts. I do not object to this, but I would say that talent alone does not make for a winning team.

Quote:Coming from a Colts fan: after the season, there was an "All AFC South Team" listing from ESPN, (if I recall correctly). The Jaguars led with the most players on that team. So, although it's unofficial, it would lead you to think that the talent level on the Jaguars is greater than the talent level on the Colts. I do not object to this, but I would say that talent alone does not make for a winning team.

I agree with this actually.  You can have the all the talent in the world and if at the end of the day you're 4-12 then it doesn't really mean anything.  I think most people feel like this is the year this regime turns the corner.  For Indy, I don't know what the future holds but I get the sense that they've made some recent mistakes that haven't panned out well.  At the least they'll need to get some better protection for Luck or he's going to have a very frustrating career.

Pages: 1 2