Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Another NFLPA flap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:The NFLPA is investigating the Jaguars for a violation of the collective bargaining agreement in relation to a letter executive vice president Tom Coughlin sent to several players under contract.

The letter said they were required to return to Jacksonville for a physical examination during the middle part of this month.

The Jaguars’ players aren’t allowed to report to the team’s facility until April 10 and multiple league sources said the team’s request isn’t allowed.

A source said the union was notified of Coughlin’s letter by an agent of a player who doesn’t live in Jacksonville and balked at paying his own travel expenses back to town.

A second league source said several players were advised by their agents to go through the physical even as the NFLPA began its inquiry.

The source said a potential punishment for the Jaguars could be forfeiting an organized team activity (OTA) workout this spring.

O'Halloran   ^

How will we ever survive?

"The letter said they were required to return to Jacksonville for a physical examination during the middle part of this month."

You mean 5 minutes before the middle part of the month, dont you TC? Big Grin So it begins.

Next one will be about being too physical and too much contact in practices.

Then it'll be about hiding injuries during the season.

I can easily see the NFLPA getting on us about these situations also this year. Just from the way Coughlin has been talking about wanting tougher players and having players play through injuries. I can definitely see these two issues above being another flap/s before this season is over.

I know that OTA practice was the reason we won that 3rd game last year.
Not sure why he's trying to make his own rules. Seems silly to me
Quote:Not sure why he's trying to make his own rules. Seems silly to me

The Jaguars are 22-77 since 12/13/10.

Are you really surprised they can't read the rule book??
Finally, we are cheating!
Hopefully Coughlin's will hep him, even though the punishment isn't very severe anyway

Tom Brady has been suspended for 4 games.

Quote:O'Halloran   ^

Sheesh if they're only complaint is that they don't want to pay for their travel expense, i'm sure Shad would be more than glad to do so.
He'll weed out the week hearts
Quote:He'll weed out the week hearts

AKA the "not all aboard" erz..
We get extra practices for having a "new" head coach so I'm sure he isn't worried about losing OTA time.

All of this for a couple OTAs?
Odrick still calling his buddies.

Quote:I know that OTA practice was the reason we won that 3rd game last year.

I know right!

I love good laughs
Without OTA, Borts will lose focus and completely unravel. Way to go Coughlin. Wow. 

Wallbash

NFLPA - Natural Free-spirits Looking for Pansies Anonymous............
Don't know who's right or wrong because I haven't read the agreement, but there's not much that ticks me off more than a guy that signs a contract and then tries to weasel a guy out of what he negotiated in good faith.

If the CBA says no reporting till the 10th, then you can't ask a man to report till the 10th.  If that's what Coughlin's doing, then he's in the wrong.

Pages: 1 2