Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marqise Lee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, Marqise Lee, had a lot of potential coming into the league, tall, fast but raw. What do you think will happen to him this season? Is he going to finally break out and become a top tier receiver or will he be traded. Two years in and he has show flashes of greatness but not a really good body of work due to his injuries. We have Robinson, Hurns, Greene, and Walters, where does Lee fit in. Is it just me or is Lee expendable and maybe used for a trade.  

He good
I doubt they would get much in return. I don't see him getting traded.

He'll get hurt again. lol
I think they would if they believe they can get a DE of some caliber in return. Perhaps bundled with some mid tier draft pick. Robinson, Hurns and Greene helps make this an easier decision if they get someone to trade with. 

What teams need a receiver this year?
Receivers are pretty much a "dime a dozen", especially veterans with no real proven track record.

I doubt that he would be on the trade list any time soon.  Develop the kid and let him play.

No reason to trade him. He brings something to the team that the other WRs dont, with his pure straight line speed. Let the kid play it out here.

I just hope he can stay healthy. He could add a whole new dimension to this offense.
I'm gonna say this year is a total prove it year for him. I get the vibe that he's not really in it like Hurns and Robinson.
I would like to see what he can do if healthy for a full season. He showed some flashes last season, but he's in the shadows of the Allens right now. If he stays healthy, I expect him to turn some heads this season, and establish this team's WR core as one of the best in the league.
He's got to stay healthy.

He  can't miss so much time in the offseason and early in the season if he is to ever get in sync with the offense.

He will burn Ramsey whenever we play the [BLEEP].
What's interesting is the fact that the talking heads refer to him as the player that can "take the top off the defense". I think the Allens both averaged more than 16 yards a catch last year soooo...?
Lee actually showed some nice things last year. I realize the game has changed and the league has been spoiled with young early-developing WRs, but it use to be pretty common for WRs to take a few years to develop. Barring injury, I think Lee could have a surprisingly productive year.

The same concern you would have for drafting Myles Jack once a player has a serious injury they are even more likely to have another one (not always the same injury).  To my understanding of the law of statics show that each injury there after continues to increase the odds and time of the next injury.  They know this and trying everything to keep him healthy so that he can be the weapon that most in the NFL fear he could become...

Like every other team, I think players will eventually get hurt and he will be given a chance to step in. It's what he makes of it. This kid with confidence can be scary. He just needs to not drop anything.

Lee has little to no trade value.  He has far more value to the team if he can stay healthy. 

He's not bad, he's not great

He needs to stay healthy that's #1. But he adds a different dimension to the offense and can be a nice piece as the focus stays on the Allens and JT.

There wouldn't be a significant trade market for him anyway.
Pages: 1 2