Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2016 "Allen" stats: Robinson vs Hurns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On a different forum I frequent, somebody is confident that Hurns is as good (actually, "better") than Robinson. His confidence in Hurns is based on:

"I was going to say the deep ball and overall route running are areas Hurns is better than Robinson. This is no knock on Robinson. I just don't think he's significantly better than Hurns in any facet of playing WR in the NFL. Hurns barely practiced last year as he battled injuries all season yet was still highly productive. I think because Hurns was undrafted its hard for many FF GM's to dare say Hurns is a superior WR to Robinson. They're both good and I think Hurns has just as good a chance to lead the team in receiving yards as Robinson."

I think that Hurns is a good WR himself, but I consider Robinson to be one of the top 10 WRs in the league. Am I missing something here or do the majority of you feel that Hurns is just good as Robinson, too?

Quote:On a different forum I frequent, somebody is confident that Hurns is as good (actually, "better") than Robinson. His confidence in Hurns is based on:

"I was going to say the deep ball and overall route running are areas Hurns is better than Robinson. This is no knock on Robinson. I just don't think he's significantly better than Hurns in any facet of playing WR in the NFL. Hurns barely practiced last year as he battled injuries all season yet was still highly productive. I think because Hurns was undrafted its hard for many FF GM's to dare say Hurns is a superior WR to Robinson. They're both good and I think Hurns has just as good a chance to lead the team in receiving yards as Robinson."

I think that Hurns is a good WR himself, but I consider Robinson to be one of the top 10 WRs in the league. Am I missing something here or do the majority of you feel that Hurns is just good as Robinson, too?
Where is the other forum because I want to check it out too
Robinson is better at the jump ball for sure, which helps tremendously in the prayers we threw last season. Other than thst they're about equal in ability from what I've seen. Hurns seemed to break away more often however, but he usually wasn't facing the best corner.
Quote:On a different forum I frequent, somebody is confident that Hurns is as good (actually, "better") than Robinson. His confidence in Hurns is based on:

Allen Robinson out played Allen Hurns this year, it's simply fact.  I do agree that Allen Hurns played hurt and is a true sign of his toughness & professionalism but on the field AR15 was better.   Now that being said they are both great WRs slightly different roles, Allen Hurns is more of a over the middle WR like T.O. or Jerry Rice was while Allen Robinson is a big, fluid, outside receiver able to break free of the press coverage and go deep straight down the field (out jumping all other WRs for the ball)... He's almost like as if Art Monk had a baby with Randy Moss (not nearly as fast as Randy or as great hands as Art Monk but good enough to be an elite Hybrid of the two).. trying to think of the best WR to compare him to...

In my Opinion Allen Hurns had the better rookie year, but Allen Robinson had the better 2nd year.  Both equal 16 total Touchdowns in 2 years, in regards to yards 1,948 for Allen Robinson to 1,708 for Allen Hurns.

The team went from having no good WRs for over a decade to having two elite ones.  In fact most people see Allen Robinson as one of the top 5 WRs in the NFL next year (especially in Fantasy Football).

Hurns runs better routes.

Allen Robinson jumps higher than Hurns (and almost every other WR in the NFL).

Robinson is the deep threat which means he would gain more yards and more touchdowns than Hurns. Hurns is a great route runner which results to him breaking loose and possibly could score TD. I don't think they both will have the same production as last year because Julius and Lee could be more involved and now we will run the ball with Yeldon and Ivory in the backfield. I think they both will be over 1000 yards and 8TD. I just don't know how far above 1000 they could go. 

Robinson is going to draw so many flags this year, mark my words.

I voted Robinson for more yards and Hurns for more TD's I feel that is how it will always be. Both of them will always be 1,000 yard receivers barring injury.

I feel like Hurns will always score TD's while Robinson is more of a highlight reel.

Honestly, Hurns is the better player, very good route runner, his quickness within a short area is better, I'd say he is faster and more sure handed than Robinson.

I hate comparing our own WR's tho. Its like asking your mom who's the favorite kid? You or your brother/sister?

These two dont need competition between themselves, they should worry about beating the rest of the league's WR duo's.
Easy to vote Robinson on both.  He's done it.

Would I be shocked if Hurns surpassed him in either category?  Nope. 

Both are fantastic, talented WRs.  Both will put up numbers.  ARob has the #1 designation, so I default to him.  It's not a slight at all against Hurns.

I 100% agree with this.

Quote:Easy to vote Robinson on both.  He's done it.

Would I be shocked if Hurns surpassed him in either category?  Nope. 

Both are fantastic, talented WRs.  Both will put up numbers.  ARob has the #1 designation, so I default to him.  It's not a slight at all against Hurns.
Hurns does the dirty work. Robinson does the flashy stuff. Couldn't ask for a better duo they compliment each other so well. Just imagine if we had a slot receiver step it up

Quote:Hurns does the dirty work. Robinson does the flashy stuff. Couldn't ask for a better duo they compliment each other so well. Just imagine if we had a slot receiver step it up
Robinson doesn't just do the flashy stuff. He does it all. Literally everything you want from your WR, he does it. Catches and battles for first downs. Scores TDs. Catches jump balls.

Hurns is a great compliment but he doesn't do anything better than Robinson. And that's no knock on Hurns but Robinson is a whole tier higher than Hurns.
Quote:Robinson doesn't just do the flashy stuff. He does it all. Literally everything you want from your WR, he does it. Catches and battles for first downs. Scores TDs. Catches jump balls.

Hurns is a great compliment but he doesn't do anything better than Robinson. And that's no knock on Hurns but Robinson is a whole tier higher than Hurns.

He runs routes better than robinson and it's not even close because hurns is one of the better route runners in the league although a-rob is a much better receiver. 
While these 2 great WR's are having a friendly competition this year,Marquis Lee may sneak in the conversation and decide to be great too.Imagine if he reached his potential along with the Allens.

Hurns is a more skilled route runner but Robinson is an elite athlete who started to flash great speed too. Robinson should be a top 5 WR for many years
Hurns is a very polished compliment receiver and he is brilliant at his role. Robinson is a fantastic athletic receiver who made a huge jump in technique from his rookie to sophomore year.

Robinson has already surpassed Hurns as an overall player and has yet to reach his full potential. Hurns is likely close to his, which is still a very good player.